Pixel Shift - BUG?

JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I assume this is a bug. I'll explain.

In my game there is a World Map that visually shows progress of the areas you defeat. I have a World Map & then 13 'tiles' that go over the map. Each tile is a dimension of 80... So for example 80x80, 80x160, 80x240 etc... Each one is pixel perfectly cut.

I have each one placed EXACTLY where they need. When I hit play in the editor, or preview mode, the some of the pieces shift by 1 pixel Up & Left. So what would look perfectly seamless is showing gaps. I can get around it, but wondering if anyone else has experienced it. Also hopefully devs can fix when they get time.

Comments

• firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    well, any graphic that has an odd dimension, say 80x79 will blur...

yours are all even though, right? 80x80?
    And the map that they're sitting on has even dimensions too, right?

If you're still getting a pixel shift, try putting the pieces at half pixels, like 129.5, etc...
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    Yea, I made adjustments, it was just weird that it did that. Not a HUGE bug, but bug nonetheless. Yea they are all exactly dimension of 80. No blurring though just a slight 1 pixel shift.
  • JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    got the same issue on a energy bar, cut and fits perfect, but in GS its 1 pixel off?
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    yea just make the 1 pixel adjustment. tedious but i think there are bigger fish to fry now =)