Can PC's run GS?

RovolinRovolin Member Posts: 6
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I'm a new user and was super excited when I heard about Game Salad. But I was dismayed when I saw it was for Mac, since I'm a PC user is there any way for me to run the program on a PC?
Thanks for all you help.
-Rov

Comments

• icanmakeicanmake Member Posts: 466
    you can run a virtual machine but thats it
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    You must have Mac OS X Snow leopard or Newer
  • RovolinRovolin Member Posts: 6
    What's a virtual machine?

-Rov
    Thanks for the info. I probably won't be doing any virtual machining. I also have a Mac power book, that is kind of old. Do you think I might be able to run and install the program on OS X 10.3?

-Rov
  • StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    Rovolin said:
    Thanks for the info. I probably won't be doing any virtual machining. I also have a Mac power book, that is kind of old. Do you think I might be able to run and install the program on OS X 10.3?

-Rov

You must have an intel mac running snow leopard 10.6 or later. The new mac minis offer very good bang for your buck at the moment.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Best bet would be pick up a year or two old mac mini of ebay or craigslist. You can usually find them for around $400-$500 and you get a cd drive. I did not know they dropped the cd drive off the new mini's that seems crazy for a desktop mac
    Wow! Thank you guys SO much for all your help. I will consider thoes minis.

-Rov
    Lol your right RKS!
    I was also wondering, since I'm considering buying a mini, is there anyone that works best? Or do all the minis work with Game Salad, because that's would be my sole reason to buy it. lol

-Rov
    Thanks So mcuh RKS. Now your specs you recomended, are thoes the minimum or are thoes just what it works best on? Most of the cheaper ones I saw only had one or two GB of ram and 1.0 GHz.

-Rov