Text Align Still Doesn't Work

11clock11clock Member Posts: 450
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I tried the text align, since it apparently works now, but it's still broken. The text is still center aligned and the only difference now is where the text is displayed from the actor's position.

Comments

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Hi 11 o'clock, haven't got that problem here... (.9.6). Strange that you have a problem still. Whether left, right or centre with Wrap inside actor unchecked, the type behaves fine, showing left, right, or middle of the actor centre point as expected.

With Wrap inside actor, type starts at the top vertically - left, right or centre depending - but still behaves fine horizontally as previous. I wonder what's going on with your copy of GS?

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• 11clock11clock Member Posts: 450
    gyroscope said:
    Hi 11 o'clock, haven't got that problem here... (.9.6). Strange that you have a problem still. Whether left, right or centre with Wrap inside actor unchecked, the type behaves fine, showing left, right, or middle of the actor centre point as expected.

With Wrap inside actor, type starts at the top vertically - left, right or centre depending - but still behaves fine horizontally as previous. I wonder what's going on with your copy of GS?

So the text align is only supposed to change the center point of the text? That's not how text align is supposed to work. It only works as expected when the wrap inside actor box is checked, so I'm using this as an alternative solution. Go look at a text document program and test each text align option. That's how text align is supposed to work, wrapped or not.
    11clock said:
    Go look at a text document program and test each text align option. That's how text align is supposed to work, wrapped or not.

Say what? Er, OK... having worked with DTP/word processors since 1984, I must have missed the point...

:-V

Actually, you are the one who's missed the point. Without using Wrap inside actor, the actor is a placeholder only. The main idea is to make the actor invisible, so you can place the text anywhere you want; or for coloured-boxed headings, etc,. Now that we have Wrap inside actor, this makes the actor the equivalent of a text box/area exactly the same as in any DTP/graphics or word processor there is; so it then "forces" the text into the area of it, justified accordingly, starting at the top of the area, as you want; so I don't know what you're complaining about.

So my guess is you're comment of using Wrap inside actor checked "as an alternative solution" actually means you didn't know it was there or you didn't understand what it was for previous to my answer.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• 11clock11clock Member Posts: 450
    gyroscope said:
    Say what? Er, OK... having worked with DTP/word processors since 1984, I must have missed the point...

:-V

Actually, you are the one who's missed the point. Without using Wrap inside actor, the actor is a placeholder only. The main idea is to make the actor invisible, so you can place the text anywhere you want; or for coloured-boxed headings, etc,. Now that we have Wrap inside actor, this makes the actor the equivalent of a text box/area exactly the same as in any DTP/graphics or word processor there is; so it then "forces" the text into the area of it, justified accordingly, starting at the top of the area, as you want; so I don't know what you're complaining about.

So my guess is you're comment of using Wrap inside actor checked "as an alternative solution" actually means you didn't know it was there or you didn't understand what it was for previous to my answer.

Ah, sorry for being ignorant. I'm the type of guy who doesn't like it when something works in a different way than expected. :P
    No worries, 11clock. :-) Lack of knowledge isn't lack of intelligence either, as I've often said, so no apology necessary; and GS can be frustrating at times, I know...