iPad games crashing and noticeable delays

theDaveBtheDaveB Member Posts: 16
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi,

I have been reviewing a few games for people on here and so far I have downloaded 3 iPad games from the App Store and 2 of them crash on startup. A reboot usually sorts this but not had this problem with any other game and the only connection between the 2 games is GameSalad.

Also I have noticed there is a noticeable delay when pressing the screen in menus in the games, like selecting levels, starting the game etc... and you see a spinning busy icon in the bottom right hand side of the iPad. I was watching my son try one of the games and he was getting frustrated, as he was pressing start and there was about a 2 or 3 second delay, he just kept jabbing the start key and then quit out and didn't bother.

I know the memory handling on the iPad is suppose to be rubbish and there is a option to get rid of games from the memory but other games run fine.

The worse thing to happen to user after they have purchased a App, is for it to crash out. It usually means a bad review and a demand for their money back.

This is all on iPad 1 and might not happen on iPad 2.

I can send you the crash reports if it helps (if this feature is still on iOS).

Dave

Comments

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    The long load times and memory are 2 things the team are working on and are top priority.

I have been pushing them on a regular basis about these 2 and they assure me its top of the list.

I'm sure things will get better with GS but when I'm not sure about.

Darren.