Problem instaling GameSalad viewer -No provisioned iPhone OS device is connected

StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Good evening,

having problem install the GameSalad viewer.

I've got the $99 membership with GameSalad and the $99 membership on the apple developer programme.

I can succesfully publish iphone apps, and put the app on my iphone via itunes.

I've heard good things about the viewer so thought I'd give it a go.

I've downloaded the GS viewer files, unzipped, open the xcode project file and worked my way through the step by step tutorial.

But when I press 'Build and Go' I get the error message:
No provisioned iPhone OS device is connected.

My iphone is definitely attached, and is visible in itunes.

Any ideas? if I need to start from scratch do I need to remove my provisional certificates etc etc....

Comments

• BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    I get that every once in a while. Try rebooting your iPhone and/or your workstation.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    thanks for the idea, tried it but no luck...

have been through and quadruple checked my steps through the tutorial....

but still not working.... same error...

No provisioned iPhone OS device is connected.
  • BreezeonholdBreezeonhold Member Posts: 187
    Hey thought I would post on your problem. I got eventually past my error, and then to this error. Here's what I did...
    Go Here: http://developer.apple.com/iphone/manage/devices/howto.action
    Now a new error shows for me though ): it says

"A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found."
    I thought this would be the easy part of app developing ha
    cheers Breezeonhold, will take a look.

your problem sound like a certificates problem....have you been through all the steps on the following link, its about 4 pages, to get your app tested on your iphone without using the viewer, but it includes making and installing all the certificates I beieive you need for the viewer.
    oh....I've only gone and bloody done it...it now looks like it will work.

How I did it:

In xcode, open up the organiser (Window/Organiser)

Select you itouch or iphone from the devices on the left.

Then in the summary tab (the one that should automatically appear) the is a button (its gone now) but it said something like, install for development, Press it, it then popped up saying could not connect after doing some stuff....then I pressed the old Build and Go button and it now looks like it will work....as it it has loaded GS viewer on my iphone....

awesome... oh and the reason I'm up at 4.24am on Sunday morning, in the UK, is cause my new baby daughter refuses to sleep....but still this works now so she obvioulsy wanted to help.
    ok....you need to have GameSalad running on your computer first, and possibly be logged in (GameSalad Activate Membership). then run the GS viewer app on your itouch/iphone.

then a iphone preview button appears in GameSalad, select your device and voila....perfection

hope it works for you.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Heh - it's 5:40am and I have no kids.

I never sleep.

:P

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    @qs: I remember those days. Back before kids and back before a nagging SO who wants the time looking after the kids to be "equal". I don't mind giving her breaks or whatnot and I am an involved daddy, but I'm working the full time job and trying to squeeze in app development time to make us more money for some finer things in life (is a fence for the yard a finer thing in life? good gawd...whatever happened to dreams of a Ferrari). Unless she steps up, I get little time for app dev. Oh I miss those days, QS! Don't get me wrong, I *love* the kids...its the nagging SO I can do without...Doh! Hopefully, one day, those kids will turn into daddy's little artists, musicians, and coders while in their teen years. I know I was churning out assembly language code at 11 so they better step up! :-)
    yeah I quite agree....my girl may only be 1 week and 4 days old....but give her a couple of years and she'll be covering her own costs through the art of GameSalad....oh and making tea on demand....

before I was 10 me and my brother would spend hours entering code (copied out of the fattest text book) into our Acorn Electron with its 15kb, record it onto cassette tape, load it purely to play a black and white paint program....
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    I just don't know what to say to all that rebump! :O

And draper - I think my next game will appeal to people just like you - though it's a very niche market ;)

QS :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

@draper3000: Yeah, typing in a LONG program all day, double-checking it, and then "saving" it to cassette tape only for the save not to have worked (which was often the case). Or your brother kicking the power cord by accident before saving. Or your anxious brother decides to try to run it before saving and the computer hangs. Or for the code to be buggy and then you have to debug it a bunch. Experienced all of this after typing all of it on a flat membrane keyboard. Thank heavens for real keyboards and floppy disks a few years later.

I don't want to turn this into a nostalgia thread or derail the original topic. Sorry.
    too late... :-)
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    Anyone have this problem under iPhone firmware 3.1.3?

I have the latest beta iPhone SDK installed and looks like xCODE shows 3.1.3 (under organizer) as OS Installed but not listed under supported OS versions. The light next to the device is orange and not green.

I tried to back out the firmware but not able to so now stuck with no way to get the GS viewer on the device.

Compile error: No provisioned iPhone OS device is connected. any ideas?
    I'm running 3.1.3 on all my devices, XCode SDK, and the 0.8.3 GS Viewer. Just got it working yesterday afternoon.

After upgrading devices and XCode to the latest, do the certs and/or provisioning files need to be rebuilt? I don't know the answer since mine were built afterward but maybe they do?
  • sebababisebababi Member Posts: 51
    Hi everyone, & stormystudio.

You said " ... it has loaded GS viewer on my iphone..."

I reboot everything (Mac + iPhone).
    I see my iPhone in the Organizer
    I have the provisioning Profiles
    I even manage to see my game in the iPhone's simulator.

But I don't manage to see it in my iPhone Device.

Do I have to INSTALL GS Viewer in my iPhone Device? if so, how?

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks in advance
    Sebastian
  • sebababisebababi Member Posts: 51
    I forgot to mention

When I click in "Preview on iPhone", am supposed to get the iOS device (the iPhone). However, I only get the Mac.

Just to clarify, both are in the same wifi.

I out of ideas !!
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    First off this is over a year old, no need to bring this thread back as so much has changed since then.

Second you need to download the viewer xcode project and install on your device. Theres videos in the gamesalad cookbook sticky that will help