Collide and overlap only works when not true at t=0? GS 0.9.5

TangleTangle Member Posts: 10
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hello,

Is this a bug or intended behaviour?

I set a rule on an actor to change its velocity to zero when it "collides or overlaps" with another actor. That is, I intend to create an impassable object with no physics.

The stop on collision behaviour works for the initial collision. However if a new movement is begun from that stopped position the "collides of overlaps" rule is ignored and the actors pass through/over each other.

Comments

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    are u changing motion linear x and y to 0 on the collisison?
  • TangleTangle Member Posts: 10
    I have tried using "Change velocity" and setting speed to 0 and I have tried "Change Attribute" setting both X and Y Linear Motion to 0. I get the same result either way.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    you can also try raising the density of the walls to somethign high like 50,000 or try putting the collide behavior in both the wall and player
  • TangleTangle Member Posts: 10
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    you can also try raising the density of the walls to somethign high like 50,000 or try putting the collide behavior in both the wall and player

Doesn't help either.

It seems to be a general problem where actors that are already overlapping cannot detect a "collides or overlaps" event. If I start the scene with the actors already collided or overlapped the rule does not work either.