GS project on iphone via xcode -- can't find lvm.c?

PPenguinPPenguin Member, PRO Posts: 110
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hey guys, I've run into a problem with my game.. I uploaded it to the website so I could get the xcode project file.

When I test it on the iphone from xcode, it seems to run fine for the first scene, but when it switches to the 2nd scene, images are missing (they display as white blocks), and immediately crashes with this error:

GDB: Error: Xcode could not locate source file: lvm.c (line: 385)

Anyone know what's going on here? Thanks.

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • PPenguinPPenguin Member, PRO Posts: 110
    I get an .app file, which is useless to me. I need the xcode project. :\
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    I think he was asking whether it worked or not in the other format. (or maybe not)
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    I don't believe anyone has access to the source code of the game engine. When you Publish an app, it packages itself to a pre-built engine.
    Interestingly enough, it works when I publish it through GS and put it on my device with itunes.. But as I mentioned before, I really need this in an xcode project.

If there are problems with publishing your game on the GS website in order to get back the xcode project, the GS team should probably know about it.

@BeyondtheTech: I know we can't get at the source code of the GS engine, but i'm talking about the xcode project, which is something different.
    In fact, I believe in earlier versions of GS, you used to *only* get the xcode project when you published a GS game.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    the reason I asked about publishing through the app is two things:

1. I've read that the xcode project is signed, if you alter it, it will fail
    2. I've also read that they are heading away from using the xcode project all together

I'm not sure what's going on with the web upload, but it could be that incompatible with the latest release of GS. But don't quote me on that :)

Did you need the xcode project for anything in particular?
    The company I work for has a Pro subscription, and getting the xcode project set up in a certain way is necessary for the review process that it has to go through here. I've done this for previous GS games I've made, without any problems.

I think moving away from using xcode altogether would be a mistake, not only because of what I just mentioned, but because it would remove the possibility of using ads in your GS game. There's no doubt that free games get more downloads than paid ones, and the ad revenue helps a lot.

I think you might be right about the incompatibility w/ the latest GS, though.
    This is very interesting to know. I was hoping to squeeze in an anti-piracy layer such as AntiCrack by Dr. Touch into the final build, but I'd like to know GameSalad's official position on this.

Putting in ads would be great, too. I would consider releasing my games as two editions, ad-supported and paid.
    Believe it or not, I actually have ads working with GS already.. I'm trying to release a free version of the game I just finished, but problems like this are slowing me down.. :\
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    I think GS's position/intention is to reduce the possibility of folks circumventing the GS splash screen when you are a non-Pro member.
    Hm, that sucks.. Well then maybe they can get it working for the Pro members.. :D
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,134
    Online submission to get an Xcode project has been deprecated and is not guaranteed to work with newer builds of GameSalad.

I'll remove it with the next build to avoid this kind of confusion.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Heh - I get the feeling that's not what Mr. Actswartz was hoping for - but it's fine by me - simple rules my little world ;)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Nice to see the actual developers pop their head in every once in a while. I still have a few unanswered questions/threads I wish someone would answer. This was one of them, so I'm glad (so to speak) that it was answered.
    If they're really working on the Pro features they say they are, then I can probably live without the xcode project. :)