Memory issue adding attributes

devjohnsondevjohnson Member Posts: 94
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I was adding a long list of attributes I needed to the game attributes and after I added each one consecutively the application began to start adding new attributes slower and slower. Closing and reopening GameSalad resolved the issue, but after adding about 10 in a row things really started slowing down.

Using GS 0.9.5

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Yeah unfortunately the memory leaks are not fully 100% gone its just better than usual. Although only 10 before a lag starts is not good. I did like 100 the other day with no major issues.

Are you on a mac or a hackintosh, Also whats RAM like. Those also could be factors. I also notice more issues when I have other memory heavy stuff like Photoshop or illustrator open. Everything seems to run slower with those on.
  • devjohnsondevjohnson Member Posts: 94
    I have a MacBook Pro with 4GB RAM. Only thing running was GameSalad. It was about after 13 or so I got the rainbow spinning wheel of torture. They would eventually load, but I never pushed it past 15 for fear of having GameSalad crash.

I never looked at system monitor to check out the RAM usage because I was in a rush due to some time constraints at that particular time. I'll look into the RAM usage more when I go back to work on adding attributes here in the next couple of days.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    You may also ned to do a reboot occasionally. I know for me now that the memory issues are not so common I have found myself not saving as often and at the most inopportune time it locks up a crashes on me still.
  • devjohnsondevjohnson Member Posts: 94
    tenrdrmer said:
    You may also ned to do a reboot occasionally. I know for me now that the memory issues are not so common I have found myself not saving as often and at the most inopportune time it locks up a crashes on me still.

Its likely that I don't reboot enough, or save too often. After 0.9.3 I got into a habit of saving very often.

However, I still don't think it should be so noticeable with so few attributes. Just wanting to bring it up.