Weird Glitch

RumiRumi Member, PRO Posts: 343
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hello everybody!

I just found this weird glitch. I had this boss character and just for testing purposes, I gave it a display text behavior to display its health. Now when he is defeated, he interpolates his width and height to zero. Whenever this would happen, as soon as it hit zero, GameSalad would crash! I isolated the problem to the display text and turned that off and everything worked fine. I just want to warn everybody not to interpolate the width and height of an actor to zero if it is displaying text. I just have a question. Out of curiosity, has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• RumiRumi Member, PRO Posts: 343
    bump.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Never Tried anything like that. So cannot say for sure. Was the crash on a device or in the GameSalad preview.
  • BackUpAndDownBackUpAndDown Member Posts: 685
    Edit: Oops, read the question wrong.

______________________________________________________________________________
    Tadpole Rescue (iPod Touch/iPhone)
    Hungry Chameleon (iPod Touch/iPhone)
    @tenrdrmer: It crashed on the preview player.
    Oh and another note, when it does that on the other player, (not the preview player, I'm not real sure what its called) after the boss disappears, instead of crashing, all actors freeze in there places yet the music is unaffected.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    What about on the device. that would be useful for GameSalad to know if its only the creator or the software as a whole.
    I can't really test it on the device since I need a dev membership, and since that costs money, my parents would prefer if I would wait till I've finished my game.
    I read earlier that when you display a text atribute that has no value, GameSalad will crash too. I think the Display Text behavior should not be messed around with.
    bump
  • macewanmacewan Member Posts: 214
    upload a video of this happening to youtube
    Okay, i'll try
    For some reason, its not happening on this project. I guess its just something i did:)
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    just want to throw some advice in and say get the dev account ASAP

you should be doing ad hoc testing and viewing testing threw the whole development process.

stuff runs completely different on the devices then on ur mac. Something that runs perfect on the computer can crash as soon as u try on the device. what if you finish the game and then it crashes on the device? since you haven't been constantly testing, you'll have no clue what works and what caused the crash and all that