Paid my $99 where is my link?

StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Good evening,
After a couple of weeks playing with game salad, I have an app I want to try on my iphone, I've paid the $99 via paypal. Payment has gone through, received confirmation email from Paypal, I've checked my spam, but have received no link to download iphone bits and pieces or anything...

What should I be expecting? is there a delay....am I being stupid.

Regards

Jon

Comments

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    tshirtbooth..tried both and it has'nt worked.

No manage link..

and when I try and activate via Gamesalad it says 'user does not have a subscription'.

Annoying as I have the paypal email confirming payment, so don't want to try paying again.

Any ideas?

Who should I email?
    sent a message via the 'contact us' query board from the bottom right hand link.

Found a FAQ page with reasons why it might not work straight away, but I don't fit any of that criteria.
  • eliehangeliehang Member, PRO Posts: 105
    Did you also bought the one from apple.. you have to get the sdk from the apple website also.. in order to test your games.. it's another $99 though.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    was bout an hour delay for me
    bought the apple developer $99 membership, thats comes through already...got the SDK and Xcode download. Still waiting for someone to get back to me from GameSalad...

great walkthrough on setting up for testing on iphone and sending to app store:

http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone
    sorted....cheers....received email from Tan Tran, saying they occasionally have a hiccup with processing....
  • BreezeonholdBreezeonhold Member Posts: 187
    Hey Where did you contact them?? I'm having the exact same problem... Just bought the express version and it won't let me activate my account.
  • BreezeonholdBreezeonhold Member Posts: 187
    Ok it just activated.. It takes about 30 minutes (:: Now time to test my game on my ipod touch
  • JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    Hi can I ask I'm looking to buy gs in the next few days. But do I also have to buy the apple developers license in order to use the gs viewer etc as I have already downloaded applesaddk and Xcode but did not have to pay for it. Is it s case of paying apple the 99 dollars givese acess to upload to the iTunes store etc?
    hey, no you need to pay apple $99 to get access to extra areas of the developer site. So you can sort out certificates and setup your iphone to test on.

The SDK and xcode that you have will be fine though so you won't have to re-download them...

great walk through tutorial here:

http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone:getting_started?s[]=developer
  • JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    HI Thanks Draper,

Thanks, but If I buy the GS membership ($99) so I get the GS viewer etc and I only currently have the free apple Developer membership which let me download the SDK and Xcode etc is that enough for me to be able to port my games over to my own iphone for testing - and then when I want to sell my games I would then buy the Apple developer license ($99) so I can get the certificates?
    hmmm....not sure....I did it all in one go and paid for both, so hae been doing proper iphone build of the apps and testing that way, for which you need to pay both lots of $99. I did this as I'd read somewhere that you should do some proper test of your apps anyway and through the GS viewer although very good is not exactly the same as a Xcode build of your GS game.

You possibly can just use the iphone GS viewer for initial testing...sorry cant be more help....

anyone else??
    cool thread here discussing the viewer

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=2737
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    @Bluefusion:

You will need the $99/year apple membership AND the $99/year GameSalad express membership.

The GS license will give you the GS Viewer app, which lets you instantly test your games wirelessly on your device(s). Very awesome!

However, you cannot install the GS Viewer on your device without an Apple iPhone Developer Account (not just an ADC account, which is free)
  • RiffelRiffel Member Posts: 1,272
    I have payed my GS express on last freeday, waintig it...
    and a have an Apple iPhone Developer Account and last xcode...
    how much time u wait for GS confirm paypal e-money?
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    I had a funny email not so long ago saying my account is now activated.

But I activated it in January.

:S
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    You should email them. It usually goes through automatically. It is a national holiday here in the US, so maybe it was missed.
  • RiffelRiffel Member Posts: 1,272
    its ok now! GSviewer dowloaded, i have an iphone SDK problem but apple dev center
    send this message "An Internal Server Error Has Occurred." :-(