Need help downgrading back to 0.9.4!

alkexalkex Member Posts: 38
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi,
Please could anyone point me to the 0.9.4 installer?

I hate to sound ungrateful but the problems introduced in 0.9.5 have put my project to a halt.

Thanks

Comments

• MammothMammoth Member Posts: 640
    Yeah I had to take my app out of the waiting list for review because I found a problem. Lesson learned: When there is an update check everything....

Its beta software we all know the risks when we use it :)
  • gamesmoldgamesmold Member, PRO Posts: 279
    Hi alkex,

I've read your post in the "0.9.5 buggy" thread and I have encountered exactly the same problems.

But even if you use an older creator/viewer, the current serverside generator will still produce apps with these issues - so that won't solve the problem, as you would only build things of which you won't be able to tell if or how they work when published.

So downgrading your creator is no solution. We'll just have to wait till they fixed the serverside generator.
    Right now I'm simply taking a break, because published Gamesalad apps simply don't work correctly any more at the moment.

My new app actually entirely stopped working - bad luck, I wanted to submit it on wednesday, but published too late. Now I have to wait till they fixed it. They told me it shouldn't take too long. Ah well.

Best,
    Thomas
  • igpxnaruto4igpxnaruto4 Member Posts: 81
    if you still want to downgrade, i can tell u the link, but idk the point of that... ask me if u do
  • igpxnaruto4igpxnaruto4 Member Posts: 81
    nvm my mac is gone... i dont have the link anymore...
  • alkexalkex Member Posts: 38
    Thanks all for the feedback!
    I'm sure the GS team will address this quickly :)

Let's just be patient!
    Thanks
    Alkex
    Hi I'm reviving this thread as I still want to try Downgrading to 9.4 and see what happens and I'm getting desperate.

It doesn't make sense to me that you wouldn't be able to compile with an older version of the creator or everybody would simply be forced to upgrade (which doesn't seem to be the case).

Could anybody PLEASE send me a url to the installer for creator 9.4?
    Thanks!!!!! :)
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    alkex said:
    Hi I'm reviving this thread as I still want to try Downgrading to 9.4 and see what happens and I'm getting desperate.

It doesn't make sense to me that you wouldn't be able to compile with an older version of the creator or everybody would simply be forced to upgrade (which doesn't seem to be the case).

Lets make this a little clearer. YOU CANNOT publish to any format other than 0.9.5 because on the server side. (the place you project is uploaded to) it builds your app based on the 0.9.5 setup. Meaning if your app doesn't work with 0.9.5 now its not going to work with 0.9.5 later.

And yes they want to force you to upgrade so they don't have to maintain 2 versions of the server.
  • LBGLBG Member Posts: 277
    oh dear.... so we have to update to 0.9.5 to publish... If I update and it breaks something, will it be permanantly broken or if they then fix the issue will it be resolved? Just trying to hedge my bets on whether I wait until these major bugs are resolved and updated or just update now and try to roll with it.

Is there a bugs list for the current build in a sticky somewhere?

Many Thanks
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Hmm it looks like you may have found why your publishing is not working properly. And yes if it breaks it you will likely not be able to use that project file in the next update.

Thats why you need to have backups of all your stuff so you have a copy that has not been opened with 0.9.5

And no I do not know of a bugs list.

However the only one I can think of right off the top of my head is other wises don't always work. people have been having to separate the rules out get their games working
  • LBGLBG Member Posts: 277
    Thanks Tendremer. And sorry for double posting!!
    Thanks tenrdrmer and Calvin,

i have actually found a workaround for the issue that I was having with 9.5!

Just to recap:
    I have a toggle button that changes state (from on to off) :

When receives event : touch is :pressed = true:
    if State is off: change to on / else turn to off

This was working fine with 9.4 but since 9.5 it will cycle through while the mouse button is held: as if you were clicking hundreds of times.

Solution:
    -Assign Boolean to actor called PRESSED which I make "true" on Touch pressed event and false on touch released event.

Then simply add PRESSED = False to the toggle condition.

Sorry if it sounds vague and messy - hope this helps people stuck in the same situation I was.
    i can now happily use 9.5 which is overall a lot more stable!!!!!

Thanks
    Alex