Set of behaviors not working in update 0.9.5

Alien8Alien8 Member Posts: 37
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I have a set of behaviors that works perfectly in 0.9.4 but is totally broken in 0.9.5. See if anyone else can try this:

Have ActorA, ActorB and a game attribute called Polar (integer).
Behaviors In ActorB:
1. Change Attribute Polar to Polar+1.
2. When Polar is >1, Polar=0.
3. When attribute Polar =1, ActorB's rotation attribute is 180; otherwise is 0.
4. ActorB moves to position 0,200 relative to actor, speed 200
5. After 2 secs ActorB moves to position 0,0 relative to actor, speed 200
6. After 4 secs Destroy ActorB.

Behaviors In ActorA:
1. Every 5 secs, if Polar=0, spawn ActorB at position 0,300 relative to scene;otherwise at 0,100 relative to scene.

Place Actor A on the scene.

When you Test this out, ActorA should spawn ActorB every 5 secs, with ActorB reversing it's direction each time. What I get are 2 ActorBs at the same time, both reversing directions. Something in the "Otherwise" parts of the Rules seem to be broken (?). Again, this works perfectly in 0.9.4 (on my other machine, which i have not updated).

Comments

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    do you have any other rules that are turned off? I noticed that the web preview will run all rules even if they are turned off. This caused all kinds of problems for me until I figured this out. Could be a conflicting rule that you turned off but is now being performed.
  • Alien8Alien8 Member Posts: 37
    Nothing like that. I actually used the same project file unchanged in both versions of GS, and i get the two different results - works with 0.9.4, breaks with 0.9.5 - WIERD!