0.9.5 buggy

ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I can't provide more information at this time other than to say that since 0.8.9 I have experienced no problems with each iteration of GS and the game i've been working on for a while. Now with 0.9.5 i'm experiencing all kinds of timing and collision and physics related issues. It seems that the frames are skipping sometimes too. The game just feels a bit "odd" I'm sorry I can't be more descriptive than that. I know it's the update as the game runs silky smooth on 0.9.4. One issue was related to spawning. It seems that in the old version a spawned object would start executing within the same "frame" however now it seems that spawned objects don't begin executing until a few microseconds after they have been spawned, or perhaps the spawned objects are just spawning slower?? I'm not quite sure. Also, there seems to be some physics jerkiness, things are stickier now.

I really apologize for not being able to be more helpful with my experiences but I just wanted you to know that something in 0.9.5 is buggy and you should carefully consider what you have changed in relation to: speed improvements, scene graph, timers, and spawning. If any of those areas of the codebase were touched in 0.9.5 please let me know so that I / we can make the proper adjustments.

Thank you

Comments

• JPickardJPickard Member Posts: 477
    Speaking of Bugs, and because ORBZ might get this some attention, can you please resolve the continuing no sound issue that a good number of us have been having for the last 3 updates?

(also, Orbz, While I got you here, can you help a talented thirteen year old kid who has been struggling with one of your templates for a week now on this thread: http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=25394 )
  • gamesmoldgamesmold Member, PRO Posts: 279
    Hi ORBZ,
    thanks for the posting. I didn't encounter any issues with the 0.9.5 viewer and creator yet - but I did find issues like those you described (actually much worse) with the published apps. My code literally gets mixed up between timers and conditions. Due to this, several functions entirely stopped working at all.
    I've been in contact with the dishdogs over the day and have sent them some demo files to track down the cause for this.
    They said it should get fixed with an update on the serverside soon.
  • alkexalkex Member Posts: 38
    Hi ORBZ
    I have also been having problems since 9.5:

My toggle buttons are toggling infinitely whist the mouse is pressed over them - more specifically the "on touch pressed" rule is re-triggering constantly when it used to be a one shot event.

In my case, the toggle button would interpolate and object's position from one spot to another and it's just randomly jumping - probably because it's trying to keep up with the erratic toggling...

Is there an easy way to roll back to a previous version?
    Thanks
  • myappledudemyappledude Member Posts: 2
    Alkex yes you can roll back to older versions but they may not work with the viewer anyway just uninstall the new version and download the version you want from here http://gamesalad.com/download/studioUpdates

ORBZ..I to have been having trouble with otherwise on two games I am currently working on they both ran like a champ on 9.4. And I know that its an issue with 9.5 because I have 9.5 on my desktop and both programs my otherwise logic does not work correctly but on my laptop which has 9.4 it still runs cool. So, I here that their may be a fix on the way.
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    You can also see my bug here
    http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=26613
    I can't do any more work on my game as I was at the point at which I was setting up collision damage rules.