Big security issue with publishing to html 5 and chrome.

AppChogieAppChogie Member Posts: 503
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Can someone from GS call me on Skype please I have found a bad security flaw with the html 5 and chrome builds.

Thanks

Keith

Skype is appchogie

Comments

• AppChogieAppChogie Member Posts: 503
    Guys it is really easy to steel all raw assets and code from any game that is loaded on GS arcade and chrome store!

I just took zombie drop, grisley and angry birds from chrome every .png every audio file etc.. All code..

This needs to be fixed.

Keith
  • steve86steve86 Member Posts: 806
    uhm if this is true its a huge issue why is there no one responding to this?
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Wow, wel at least it is not just GameSalad if you were able to get all the assets from Angry Birds as well. I wonder if this is just because its online.

- Alex
    _________________________________________________________________________________

Target Practice Template
    Custom Soundtracks and Sound Effects For Sale
    Vertical/Horizontal Level Select Template
    Mac Mini For SALE!!!
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Wow, this is a Seriuous Stuff!

And you can have even Angry Birds Stuff!
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @osucowboy18

That's exactly what it is. It's the nature of the open web. That's why it can be done with Angry Birds, or any other website on the planet. At the same time, the actual GameSalad project files and game logic is secure. There are code files there, but they are obfuscated and there is nothing retrievable from those files in terms of actually reproducing the game functionality.

--Yodapollo
This discussion has been closed.