Wierd GS viewer bug. Please Help!

steve86steve86 Member Posts: 806
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hey Everyone.

I've been having a very weird bug with the viewer. To put it in simple terms sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Let me elaborate more. When I open the viewer to test the game on my device for the first time in the day it works very well. But then after 5-6 uploads to the viewer GameSalad wont recognize it anymore. I get the yellow dot and the message that says please make sure you are connected to the same wifi. After a couple of tries (closing and oppening the viewer app) I get the green dot but the "preview in iphone/ipad" doesn't appear on the gs editor even thou I got a green dot.

The weirdest part is, if I try again in like 2-3 hours it works very well again for like 5-6 uploads then the whole process repeats again and I have to wait 2-3 hours to test again.

Any ideas why this is happening? This happened to me since 0.9.4 and happened again in 0.9.5 Of course I'm making sure that I'm always on the same wifi, I've even made an adhoc wifi between my mac and iphone/ipad and same thing happens.

Please help its very frustrating having to wait to test and its delaying my release schedule.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• steve86steve86 Member Posts: 806
    Maybe a yellow post can help me? I thought if we paid for pro we are supposed to have priority support. This is getting frustrating specially because I'm working with the accelerometer and I need to test any change I make in the viewer.
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @steve86

Thanks for posting. I've passed this on to QA with a high priority flag. If possible, zip up your project and email it to BUGS at GameSalad dot com. I'll make sure QA is on the lookout for it. This will help them track down the issue much faster.

--Yodapollo
    Yodapollo said:
    @steve86

Thanks for posting. I've passed this on to QA with a high priority flag. If possible, zip up your project and email it to BUGS at GameSalad dot com. I'll make sure QA is on the lookout for it. This will help them track down the issue much faster.

--Yodapollo

Hey yoda.

Thanks for the reply. I could zip the project but it is not related to a specific project. It happens with any project. Even the GS templates on the new+ tab.
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @Steve86

Understood. I also know QA and the first thing they'll ask me is, "Can you have them send us the project file?"

Still, if you say it's happening with the templates as well, I'll have them start there. Thanks for the report, and we'll try and get this sorted out.

--Yodapollo
    Thanks a lot please let me know if they have something.
  • TourniquetismTourniquetism Member, Chef Emeritus Posts: 7
    Yodapollo knows me all too well.

Steve86, I am having some difficulties reproducing this issue in-house. Could you please shoot me an e-mail? BUGS at GameSalad dot com. We can troubleshoot the problem there.

Thanks.
    Will do :)
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    This is what I always do when testing with the viewer:

-Turn Bluetooth off in settings>general>bluetooth
    -If using an iphone, turn it on airplane mode
    -After turning it on airplane mode connect to the correct wifi network.

I was having the same issues as you a while back, but after doing these things the viewer was working flawlessly for me. Try it out.