behind actor

igpxnaruto4igpxnaruto4 Member Posts: 81
edited November -1 in Tech Support
anybody know how to make particles spawn behind an actor? like if a car is burning and moving, i want the fire to be behind the car but now, it is in the front, so how would i do this?

mantas

Comments

• DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    Hmm, you could spawn an actor that's only behavior is "particles"

You could spawn this actor behind your current actor.

If it's moving, then you can constrain the particle actor to the car actor.

OR, you can tweak it a bit so that the smoke comes out directly above where it's supposed to. What I mean by this is make the offset like -5 on the X-axis or something like that so it's coming out from behind the car actor...
  • igpxnaruto4igpxnaruto4 Member Posts: 81
    no what i need it kinda like, my actor is moving back and forth dodging things, but it is going so fast thers fire:P and i need it to come in between the weals, but when it tries to cross them it goes in front but i need it behind the weals. (btw im relating the car to something in my game i dont wana spoil it, i still got like a week of work but i got perfect gameplay right now):D
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    There is no option for the actor spawning the particles to have them spawn behind it. That's why you would need to use DrGlick's advice and have another actor behind the car actor, and have it control the spawning of particles.