Poor HTML5 performance in Chrome on PC

DizkoDizko Member Posts: 498
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hey there

I tried a number of the available HTML5 games in Chrome on PC and I'm getting very low framerates and it seems to have a difficult time registering clicks as well.

The machine I'm running is a Quadcore Xeon with 12 gigs of RAM and a Quadro FX 3800 video card, so I'm definitely not short in the performance department.

Just a heads up!

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    The site is getting hammered right now, that is causing performance issues. Try again later
  • DizkoDizko Member Posts: 498
    jonmulcahy said:
    The site is getting hammered right now, that is causing performance issues. Try again later

Why would bandwidth issues cause performance problems, especially once it's been loaded?
    Besides the fact that it runs perfectly fine on Firefox.
  • MichaelRandoMichaelRando Member Posts: 16
    Which version of Chrome? Which OS? Web3D or Canvas rendering? (check console output)

Try a newer Chrome build, there's versions 13 (and 14!) out there if you download from Chromium.
    It's version 12.0.742.100 (that's the current officially released version, right?) I'm on Windows XP Pro, I can't get the games to load at all at this point, might be a bandwidth thing... I'll check back on that later.

I unfortunately cannot use unofficial software releases here at work, but if that solves the issue then no biggie. I just figured I'd give the heads up as Chrome seems to be one of the more prevailing browsers on PC.
  • MichaelRandoMichaelRando Member Posts: 16
    Someone puts 12 gigs of ram in an XP Pro machine?
    MichaelRando said:
    Someone puts 12 gigs of ram in an XP Pro machine?

It's a dual-boot machine, haha. The XP partition is to support legacy products, which is what I'm working on atm. Normally it's Windows 7.
  • arcticsunrisearcticsunrise Member Posts: 159
    MichaelRando said:
    Which version of Chrome? Which OS? Web3D or Canvas rendering? (check console output)

Try a newer Chrome build, there's versions 13 (and 14!) out there if you download from Chromium.

I tried Chrome with my game in win7 and all the colours are bleached.
    Looking at the console gives me

resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type text/html

It also says webGl renderer init and resized

Theres a ton of html5 issues at the minute with browsers other than safari on a mac