glitch (Speed issue with button)

igpxnaruto4igpxnaruto4 Member Posts: 81
edited November -1 in Tech Support
ok so i made a speed up button and made it to an integer and set it to 0, then i went into the button and made a rule that checks if it is o and then i made another rule, and when you click the button it would change to 1, then i made my actor go 2 times the speed. after that i made it so that when you click again on the button it makes the integer to 0... but that is the part i did wrong, i made a debug actor and made it display the integer and i saw that it did go up but when i click again it doesent go down... any idea on how to do this?

Comments

• DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    Be honest with ya, not sure what you mean by "making the actor go 2 times the speed"

Speed is fairly tricky to nail down in GameSalad. If it's something simple like linear velocity along the X axis then that's a simple fix.

But if it's the Max Speed of an actor, then that's a little more tricky.

If it's the "Move" speed or a "change velocity" speed then that's a whole 'nother issue.

What are you trying to change in speed exactly?
  • DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    Also, I'd suggest changing your title to receive more help. Members here like to know what they're getting into when they click on a forum post. Most people won't read "Glitch"

Change it to something like, "Speed issue with button" or something of that nature. More people will be inclined to give you a hand. :-)
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    When touch is pressed
    --Change attribute game.attibute to (game.attibute+1)%2

That will make it switch between 1 and 0 each time it is pressed.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    DrGlickert said:
    Also, I'd suggest changing your title to receive more help. Members here like to know what they're getting into when they click on a forum post. Most people won't read "Glitch"

Change it to something like, "Speed issue with button" or something of that nature. More people will be inclined to give you a hand. :-)

Yes that too. You need to make your titles describe what the thread is about.
  • igpxnaruto4igpxnaruto4 Member Posts: 81
    well when you make the title simple, people are going to want to know what you are talking about so they will open it up and see if they can help:D and anyway this is in the "move" i made it go 2 times the speed it was going before it was going at 100 now it is at 200
    and whats the 2% stand for?
    nvm i did the %2 thing and it worked:D thanks:D