Armored Combat - show off

HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News
Hi guys!
Just wanted to jump in and let you know, that our newest game will be released soon. We are waiting on apple's review.

It is not made with GameSalad, but maybe you are interested. It's a 3D multiplayer death match game with tanks in a WW2 setting.

Promo codes will be available on Promo Dispenser.

It is made with our own 3D engine, coded in objective-C and C++.
It is iPad2 and iPhone4 only for now. We will try to make it for 3GS and iPad1 too.

Real time shadows
Destructible buildings
Real time physics
Game Center

I am just soooo excited :-)

Comments

• EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    uptimistik said:
    Not made with GS? Not interested pal.

Haha, I don't think you'd read that on any forum other than this! :p

And looks great Hun! Looks like you've got another success on your hands.
  • debugdesigndebugdesign Member Posts: 886
    looks great mate, let us know when you get a video up and running!
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Nice to see you again - good luck with your game :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Thanks guys.

I really missed this community, but I had so much work to do.

I will try to hop in time to time and also try GS again with the new features.

A cinematic trailer is here:

Gameplay trailer coming in the next days. Have to cut and dub it yet.
    Dude - that's a GREAT trailer - very nicely done!

QS :D

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Looks freaking Sweet. Killer Graphics man.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    cool
  • RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    Wow, nice one. And I agree, the trailer is awesome. Good luck with this, I think I'm getting an iPad soon so I'll pick it up on that.
  • DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    Wow you guys coded the engine yourself also sweet man. Game looks good will buy for sure
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Looks great! Good luck!
    A quick sneak peak gameplay video made with a bad cam :-)
    A real trailer will follow.

• JeffreyShimaneJeffreyShimane Member Posts: 372
    Looks amazing! The only thing I thought was a little wonky was the long delay between the tank firing and the projectile explosion. It seemed too long for hitting objects that were only 2 or 3 tank-lengths away. Keep it up! Looks like a hit!

- Jeff
    Jeffrey, thanks.

The time between fireing and explosion is based on how far your crosshairs is away.

If you shoot at nearby targets, it is also shorter between fire and hit.
  • JeffreyShimaneJeffreyShimane Member Posts: 372
    I noticed it seemed to account for distance. I was referring to just how long of a delay there was at short range. A tank projectile is fired at 4,000-5,000+ feet/sec. It would travel short distances pretty much instantaneously. I can understand if you wanted to slow it down for gameplay purposes though. Just wanted to point it out in case it wasn't intentional.

- Jeff
    I understand, what you are saying and you are absolutely right.

We wanted to slow it down indeed for two reasons:

1. to add some tactical elements (we don't want it to be a shooter)
    2. we plan to add upgrades from ingame shops in a future update, so people can make their tanks better with time.
    Looks very nice.

My first thought was that I liked the target movement - much more tactical and less of a shooter as you say.

My second thought was that I'd want to see the enemy retcule on the ground as well.

I could be wrong, but my thinking was 'I'd like a chance to be able to get avoid enemy fire, and having to keep an eye on where the enemy target was at the same time as your own could be a nice challenge.'

Though that could be an upgrade, maybe.

QS :D

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Dude you got OWNED! haha.

Serioulsy looks great, congrats Hunn, would love to check it oput but unfortunately i only have a 3GS and an iPad 1. Perhaps when you make the big time you'll send me an iPhone4 with the game pre-installey ey? ;)
  • FanStudioUKFanStudioUK Member Posts: 459
    Hunnenkoenig congrats for this amazing game!
    I imagine it must have been hard to make this one especially that you are using your OWN 3d game engine (I would love to know more about this)!

The game looks fantastic and I would love to try it!
    My only thought is that you should make it a little bit more realistic, for example when you hit that light pole, instead of moving it should break and also when you fire at that tram - it jumps too high in my opinion.

Good luck with this one!
    Thanks guys!
    I am glad, you like it.

@quantumsheep: Hm... I will think about it :-)

@beefy: when I make it big time, I will absolutely :-)

@FanStudio: The engine is based on OpneGL of course. I don't know what else to tell about it :-)

I will post a few screenshots about our level editor later. It is a simple one and sometimes made me hard times, but you can get the work done with it.

We absolutely want to make the game better and better and we also are thinking about making it more realistic. We didn't know what the hardware will bare and that's why we tried to save ressources.

Now we know how it works, we can make the houses really explode etc., but it is muuuuuuch work. We will see if we can do it.

The light poles are moving, because they have a square rigid body. Unfortunately you can't make it any other way, because then they would always lay on the ground. MAybe I will try to make it tiner, so they fall easier.

We use bullet physics engine for physics.

BTW shooting the tram into the church is fun. I can play for hours doing nothing else just play basketball with the tram :-P
    Yes, the thing is that you are very limited when it comes of iOS devices and sometimes you have to make a compromise...

I started to play with Unity3D and I find it quite easy, that's why I was curious about your home-made 3d engine. Looking forward to see the screenshots :)

Let me know when the game is going to be launched so I can buy it!

***** I really hate that the "Subscribe To Topic via Email" option is not working - this is something that can be fixed in 5 minutes!!! *****
    We wanted to make our own engine, because we can develop and etit it after our needs. We don't have to obey limitations and boundaries of 3rd party software.

Here is a shot from the editor. The image is a bit big, right click and "show image" if you want the full size.

It's nothing special, but we want to develop it further.

The game is "Processing for Appstore" now.
    Should be ready for sale in a few hours.

Release date is Wednesday, June 29.

I will update the topic with the direct link.
  • DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    I will be getting this in a few minutes still doing all my e-mailing :) looks great and I hope sales are as well. Hey maybe you guys will look into licensing the engine to us less fortunate developers if priced right I could be very interested.
    Thx Devils.

I forgot to tell, that Apple screwed us and the game was 3 days long in the processing state.

The engine is just an engine, and the tool is very clumsy, made only for this game.

You still need to know C++ and objective-C to use the engine, but maybe we will try to make a userfriendly, unity like toolset out of it, if there is interest. However Unity is getting better and better I think. I saw that lighting video and I was dropping my jaw.
    Wow, congrats!!! I will grab a copy asap :D

Thanks for the screenshot! It looks kinda hard to edit all the elements from that editor...
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    Hunnenkoenig said:
    We wanted to make our own engine, because we can develop and etit it after our needs. We don't have to obey limitations and boundaries of 3rd party software.

Really? You think Unity or Unreal SDK are limiting? How so?
    Unity is too heavy. If you make a single hello world app, it comes out as a 30MB app.

Ok maybe not 30 MB, but unrealistically big for a hello world app.

An engine that tries to support everyone and everything is always limiting something (like GS is limiting you).

I can't tell specific ting, because I personally never worked with Unity, but I have experience with other "engine for all" programs.

The unreal Engine is maybe a good one (to be honest I have heard from people working with Unreal in the game industry, that it is really crap), but I also don't like the idea to give my money to somebody as royalties.

I know, it is over 50k dollars, but I already released an app, which made 300k and if it were made with Unreal, I could give up 100k or so, which is a really big sum, if you have made "only" 300k.

If I would make 300 million, I would give 100 million easier, than 100k from 300k.

If you know, what I mean.
    FanStudioUK said:
    It looks kinda hard to edit all the elements from that editor...

Yeah, it is a bit time consuming and clumsy, but it is better, than doing it by code :-)

It looks more complicated, than it is though.
    We are in New & Noteworthy!