Score

igpxnaruto4igpxnaruto4 Member Posts: 81
edited November -1 in Tech Support
How do I make it so that the game itself would have a global, local highscore? With adding names and using time for the score?

Comments

• outasiteoutasite Member Posts: 417
    I am a little confused by the question. Check the Cookbook for videos. They are free and very helpful.

Scorekeeping

--------------Video 1-------------------

--------------Video 2-----------------

--------------Video 3-----------------

--------------Video 4-----------------
  • entersimonentersimon Member, PRO Posts: 273
    Since there is no use of the iOS keyboard right now, the complete answer to this is actually quite complex, but maybe I can help you get started.

To have separate high scores you will simply need a new global attribute for each user. Use the save attribute with a specific key so that when you start the game up, the info can be loaded properly. Then when you wish to display the text you can easily call back to the global attribute of your choice. To have an attribute be constrained to time you just have to use a constrain attribute that constrains self.time of a controller actor (an actor that is just used to control certain functions) or another actor of your choice to a new global real attribute you could call "time".

If you don't mind the decimal place, you can leave it as is. If you want the decimal gone, then use the floor() function in the constrain and put the self.time inside the ( ).

Look up demos on GameSalad. There are tons out there and you'll learn quite a bit in a short amount of time.

Good luck!
  • igpxnaruto4igpxnaruto4 Member Posts: 81
    ummm.... im kinda new:P how do i make it so that every user has his own attribute? and can u explain this a bit more?