ARMV 7 and iPod Touch 2nd Gen Question

GannuscioGannuscio Member Posts: 36
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hello all,

I have developed an iPhone app and I have tried to test it out on my iPod Touch 2nd Gen with 3.1 OS on it and it won't run but it works fine on iPhone 3G and up.

My question is regarding 'armv7'. I selected armv7 but when I went to send the application to Apple using the application loader I got a response back saying it was invalid because my minimum supported OS was 3.0 which is not valid with armv7.

If armv7 is selected, what should I choose for my minimum OS when I publish the application?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• GannuscioGannuscio Member Posts: 36
    Thanks for the reply Tshirtbooth. Is there a chance it isn't running on my iPod touch because I have an older OS on it? The problem is that I am currently in Iraq and I don't know if the 12 hour download and wait is worth the update to test it out.

Is there any chance that an update to the OS would allow it to run on the iPod 2nd gen?
  • JeffreyShimaneJeffreyShimane Member Posts: 372
    Gannuscio said:
    Thanks for the reply Tshirtbooth. Is there a chance it isn't running on my iPod touch because I have an older OS on it? The problem is that I am currently in Iraq and I don't know if the 12 hour download and wait is worth the update to test it out.

Is there any chance that an update to the OS would allow it to run on the iPod 2nd gen?

iPod Touch 1st gen = iPhone
    iPod Touch 2nd gen = iPhone 3g
    iPod Touch 3rd gen = iPhone 3gs
    iPod Touch 4th gen = iPhone 4

Assuming it worked on the iPhone 3g with a later OS, it should work on an iPod Touch 2nd gen with a matching OS. The hardware is equivalent.

- Jeff
  • GannuscioGannuscio Member Posts: 36
    Awesome. Thanks Jeff!
  • JeffreyShimaneJeffreyShimane Member Posts: 372
    You're welcome! Good luck with the app.

For your reference, here is a link to the specs of the different generations of iOS devices:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iOS_devices

- Jeff