Still does not work on my ipod!

SynstealSynsteal Member Posts: 32
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I do not know what to do. I have taken the advice to adjust the resolution to 72 dpi for all my images. I have scoured all my rules looking for a bad attributes. I have even started completely over trying a new format that uses less ongoing rules. I even tried creating test apps of one rule to do a single action. I am convinced it is my ipod. It's a 2nd gen ipod and nothing i make in gamesalad will work once it is uploaded to the device. Like fed up with this and I required answers as to why it is NOT WORKING!

Comments

• AppsRacKAppsRacK Member Posts: 346
    i have a 1st gen iPod and i got no problem testing apps on it. It's probably your iPod's fault. I say try removing the viewer and reboot your iPod then re-install the viewer again.
  • SynstealSynsteal Member Posts: 32
    I am not using the viewer. I am publishing it and uploading it via itunes.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    whats not working, you don't actually say :)

what os is on your iPod? the latest?
  • AppsRacKAppsRacK Member Posts: 346
    Also please check if you build it on arm6 or arm7.
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    What os version are you running on the ipod? It's been discussed that games made with the last updates to GS don't run on iOS below 3.1. Adhocs of current games die on my 1st gen iPod touch but we're running before 9.4
    Yes my ipod is running the latest iOS. Like all my games and even simply test apps fail to work. The game either loads up the gamesalad logo white screens and crashes or it will load up and simply be frozen.
    drahc said:
    Also please check if you build it on arm6 or arm7.

UHH what's arm 6 and arm 7? That's new to me. How do i check that?
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Its the processor chip that older/new devices use. If your game is baddly running on older devices you would choose to resteict it to the more powerful processor. You would have to select it I your adhoc set up under advanced, but that's not the issue since it would also prevent you from installing the game on your iPod if you had selected it.

Still sounds like the issue i have with my older iPod but you say it's uptodate (note older hardware could not go past 3.1 update) did you ever have one run on it and if so what version of gamesalad were you using?