Gamesalad not working on iOS 3 since update?

Gr8BitGr8Bit Member Posts: 15
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi!

I have not been able to test the adhoc version of my games on my iPhone ever since the update. It worked perfectly before, but now all it does is crash right after the white screen show up. At first I thought it might be only my games, but after downloading a couple of Gamesalad games from the appstore, it does the same.

I have submitted a bug report, just wondering if anyone else has the same problem?

My phone is a 3G with iOS 3.0

Thanks,
Biola
www.blckdmnd.com

Comments

• calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
  • Gr8BitGr8Bit Member Posts: 15
    Well, I do have an iPhone 4. Just that I'm testing it on my old device to make sure it works. I mean, if the games say from iOS 3.0 on the appstore it should work on 3 right? I don't want to send out a game I know don't work on iOS3. What bugs me the most is that it worked perfectly before the update.
  • DizkoDizko Member Posts: 498
    Gr8Bit said:
    Well, I do have an iPhone 4. Just that I'm testing it on my old device to make sure it works. I mean, if the games say from iOS 3.0 on the appstore it should work on 3 right? I don't want to send out a game I know don't work on iOS3. What bugs me the most is that it worked perfectly before the update.

It may be the device itself. I have crashing issues on older gen devices due to some bug with Res Independence. So it might not be the OS version, perhaps update the old device to iOS4 and see if it still crashes?
  • gamesmoldgamesmold Member, PRO Posts: 279
    Does anybody else experience this issue? I don't have any iOS 3 devices, so I can't test it.

Cause that would mean GS doesn't run on iOS 3 any more, and that would be critical.

My next App should support iOS 3, and I don't want to get angry reviews saying that the app won't start.

Best,
    Thomas
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    I noticed this too on my adhoc on 1G iPod touch, thought it was just the game.
  • JeffreyShimaneJeffreyShimane Member Posts: 372
    Has there been any official response to this yet? If this is a permanent thing (i.e. GS no longer supports iOS below 3.2 or something), then GS should not allow games to be published as compatible with 3.0.

I encountered the same thing with my free app, Cloud Runner, on my brother's iPhone 3gs with the original iOS it came with (3.1.3 I think). The app goes to a white screen and then back to the home screen. I also got this review yesterday:

"Failss - i would would lik to actually be able to play this game but it crashes before it even starts.. i have an ipod touch 1st gen plzzz update"

According to Wikipedia, the highest iOS supported by the 1st gen iPod Touch is 3.1.3.

- Jeff
  • AmrEl-HagryAmrEl-Hagry Member Posts: 29
    i have this problem since 0.9.3. It is Game Center authentication bug and the bug
    listed by the devs in the bugs and issues post. Hopefully they fix it in the next update.