I'll say it agian look out GS more new kids on the block

BSideGamesBSideGames Member Posts: 392
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News

Comments

• bluebyu25bluebyu25 Member Posts: 500
    Vaporware
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Yeah, doesn't look interesting at all to me.
  • RedlerTechRedlerTech Member Posts: 1,583
    I really wish GameSalad could create an app for iPad :/ It could stream through a server & hold images & sounds. Everything else could run the same way.

Matt
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    I really wish people didn't keep post look out GameSalad your screwed type threads.

Its simple Guys. If you want to use another SDK just go and use it. Quit coming here with your looky here crap.

I personally would hate developing on my iPad. Think of how many time your touch doesn't register exactly where you want it unless you are zoomed in or the keyboard hits the wrong key you've typed. Now thing of how many times you click and type in GameSalad.

God that would suck.

This thread should be shut down. One because its pointless and benefits the community in NO way shape or forum and two because someone posted the same video earlier in the week in a no confronting GameSalads screwed sort of way. So its also old news!!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________
    TEMPLATES AND PROJECT HELP BY TENRDRMER. CLICK HERE!!!

AppSolute Entertainment on Facebook
    AppSolute Entertainment on iTunes
  • ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410
    Sorry I disagree please leave it open.

All the points made above are valid and I would not like to develop totally on an iPad for those reasons.

However this video reminds me how great Gamesalad is. It is real, battle hardened and has allowed me to do games for over a year. Knowing about the trials GS has had t go through, I would not consider using another system until it is at least 6 months old.

It reminds me of the 80's and 90's when fledgling software was hailed as the next 'best'. Users have matured to know that in most cases it is each to their own and software is simply the tools in your toolbox.

Great idea and I hope they do well.

Cheers
  • BSideGamesBSideGames Member Posts: 392
    tenrdrmer said:
    I really wish people didn't keep post look out GameSalad your screwed type threads.

Its simple Guys. If you want to use another SDK just go and use it. Quit coming here with your looky here crap.

I personally would hate developing on my iPad. Think of how many time your touch doesn't register exactly where you want it unless you are zoomed in or the keyboard hits the wrong key you've typed. Now thing of how many times you click and type in GameSalad.

God that would suck.

This thread should be shut down. One because its pointless and benefits the community in NO way shape or forum and two because someone posted the same video earlier in the week in a no confronting GameSalads screwed sort of way. So its also old news!!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________
    TEMPLATES AND PROJECT HELP BY TENRDRMER. CLICK HERE!!!

AppSolute Entertainment on Facebook
    AppSolute Entertainment on iTunes

You are "Appsolutely" wrong about why I posted this. I did it because I like GS and would like to see them push themselves to be a better SDK.

As far as this getting posted already I don't troll the forums as much as some people, so I missed it.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    AsherScott said:
    You are "Appsolutely" wrong about why I posted this. I did it because I like GS and would like to see them push themselves to be a better SDK.

As far as this getting posted already I don't troll the forums as much as some people, so I missed it.

BullS**T

You make no mention of How you hope GameSalad steps it up a notch. And I Don't no if you realize it but Holy mother of God they have. We have GameCenter now which is a huge bonus for our games. and they have actually communicated to their customers what they plan to do over the rest of the year.
    And guess what? Great things are coming.

Your one of those people that see a way to stir the pot and you run with it. If you gave 2 sh*ts about GameSalad you would be here more helping others and seeing what others have to say. not just running to the forum only when you want to make a post you hope will stir up some pissing and moaning from other users about what they want from GameSalad.
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Working on iPad vs desktop with wacom with an arm tied behind my back and being showered with rotting fruit? Think I'd take the desktop.

Kipper
  • kapserkapser Member Posts: 458
    If GameSalad release that kind of app, I will have to buy myself an ipad :)

But this app doesn't seem to be worth anything even if I like the idea. I doubt I'd be willing to devellop a full game on that device.