Uh Oh! Xcode Problem preventing upload! Noooooo

beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi All

So im trying to upload my latest game Line Ar(X) and am getting the following error when using Application Loader;

There is no codesign_wrapper executable. Please reinstall the Xcode developer tools.

WTF? I have downloaded and am using Xcode 4.2 and iOS SDK 5 Beta for Snow Leopard. I have also downloaded the iOS 5 beta for my iPhone and iTunes 10.5 beta.

I dont know how to reinstall Xcode so ran the download again and it says successfully installed. It has allowed me to put the GS Viewer on my phone so am not sure what the problem is.

Anyone have any ideas what this means and how to solve it?

Im truly stuck as of now and cant upload my game! Nooooo ...

Comments

• RedlerTechRedlerTech Member Posts: 1,583
    I am pretty sure that Apple said you can't use the Xcode preview to upload.
  • steve86steve86 Member Posts: 806
    yup same thing happened to me.. you have to go back and reinstall the non beta xcode
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    Thanks guys, i guessed this would need to be done. Being new to Macs a couple of years ago and only ever upgrading, never needing to uninstall, how do i remove this latest version off my mac so i can reinstall the older non-beta version?

Cheers
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    Sorted ... Just in case anyone else comes across this problem, I managed to remove Xcode by opening up terminal and entering the blow command;

sudo /Developer/Library/uninstall-devtools –mode=all

it will prompt for a password, just make sure you type it correctly as it looks like nothing is happening. I then restarted the mac, installed the older version, restarted again and when i used Application Loader it went through without hitch! Awesome, Line Ar(X) submitted :)
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    what I did was only use the uploader of the previous version.. no need to reinstall xcode or down grade.