Can't install Viewer in iOS 5

WarlockWarlock Member Posts: 66
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Howdy,

I can't seem to install the GS Viewer on my iPad 2 after installing the iOS 5 beta (I also installed the latest SDK). I watched the video and I'm certain I'm probably missing one step. I'm always missing just one step. It's how I roll:)

Comments

• jb15jb15 Member Posts: 602
    I haven't upgraded yet--I'm not sure why I would, yet (especially while it's in beta). That said, I would be interested if someone else has successfully installed the viewer on iOS 5.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    The new Xcode makes installing the viewer easy. If you type in the bundle I'd correctly and have the correct profile installed that matches the bundle Id it selects tge profile for you. Just type in the bundle ID and try running it and make sure your device is selected. Others have installed on iOS 5 so it should be ok.
  • WarlockWarlock Member Posts: 66
    Three hours of trying different things and no luck. Wrestling with a great white shark would be more fun at the moment.
  • jb15jb15 Member Posts: 602
    Warlock said:
    Three hours of trying different things and no luck. Wrestling with a great white shark would be more fun at the moment.
    That could be a fun app... :)
    lol jb, but I can't make that app if I can't make an app:P
    Here is the error message I'm getting from xcode:

Xcode cannot run using the selected device.
    No provisioned iOS devices are available. Connect an iOS device or choose an iOS simulator as the destination.

I checked my iPad and it says that all my profiles are valid. Not sure what's going on. Tech people, I will buy you cake if you respond. Did I mention cake?
  • DizkoDizko Member Posts: 498
    Maybe you have to install your developer profile on your Mac having since upgraded to the new Xcode?
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    Warlock said:
    lol jb, but I can't make that app if I can't make an app:P

you can try to find how
    Okay, I resolved this bad boy after doing some Shaolin Kung Fu in my basement. The one step I had not tried was to open up the Xcode Organizer. I had to tell it that this device was to be used for development. Now, the reason I didn't do this originally was because iOS 5 installed on my iPad, so it had to know it was for development, right? Guess not. Oh man, now that I've got everything working (so far) I'm gonna take a nap. As they say in the movies 'I'm gettin' too old for this s*$#'. lol.
  • ShaneS429ShaneS429 Member Posts: 77
    I was able to get the viewer installed on my 3GS with iOS 5 installed but now it can't seem to find gamesalad anymore on the network for me to test any games. :(

Time to figure this out.
  • Idratherfly2000Idratherfly2000 Member Posts: 8
    I found it out guys, I had the same problem, all I did was deleted my old profiles off of my iphone, went back in and downloaded them and then I had to reassign my phone as a developing device in Organizer