Mac GameSalad on Mac Mini

carlozcarloz Member Posts: 112
edited November -1 in Tech Support
hi All,

plz check this
http://www.apple.com/macmini/specs.html

is this good enough for gamesalad? i dont plan to use the mac for anything else..

regards
carloz

Comments

• DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    Short answer; yes.

Long answer; yes.
  • carlozcarloz Member Posts: 112
    great .. thnx
  • olster1olster1 Member Posts: 396
    Don't buy anything today though. At least wait for WWDC. Although they probably wont update it there is always a chance.
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Hey there, I bought a Mac mini about a year ago for GameSalad and I LOVE it. However, since I just started my own app production company, I am saving to buy a laptop, so I am selling my Mac mini. It is in perfect condition and has never left the corner of my desk. It is the previous generation model with a 2.26 GHz processor and 2 GB of RAM, which is plenty of speed to run GameSalad. I am pricing it at $500. If you are interested, or if you have any additional questions, please contact me at sales@pdlproductions.com. Thanks,

- Alex
  • LuckyLurcherLuckyLurcher Member Posts: 343
    Mac mini is going to be updated very soon. You should wait for a month if possible.
  • carlozcarloz Member Posts: 112
    hi,
    anyone know what kind of updates?
  • LuckyLurcherLuckyLurcher Member Posts: 343
    Possible RAM increase, SDXC Memory Card support for 2 TB, & faster graphics.
  • jb15jb15 Member Posts: 602
    Even if you're buying the old version, waiting for the new one to come out may help lower the cost of the older model.

BTW, I'm using a Core Solo Mac Mini right now for my GS development. You'll want 2GB ram, at least, in my opinion.