Putting code from actor to actor.

MeatamirMeatamir Member Posts: 16
edited November -1 in Tech Support
When I first started making my game in Game Salad I put all of the code in the actors I dragged on the screen. Now I realize that I need these actors in different scenes. Is there a way for me to do this easy or do I need to recode it all. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Click on the first rule or behavior in the actor and then go to the edit menu and click select all. then open edit again and click copy.

Go back down and click revert to prototype and then click edit prototype. click in the empty rules area and then go to edit and paste.

Now one issue you will have is if you used the same prototype actor for all of the different actors in your scene. you will have to actually create new actors and paste the rules there.

___________________________________________________________________________________
    TEMPLATES AND PROJECT HELP BY TENRDRMER. CLICK HERE!!!

AppSolute Entertainment on Facebook
    AppSolute Entertainment on iTunes
  • MeatamirMeatamir Member Posts: 16
    Thanks again.
  • DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    So you edited the specific actor in the scene by unlocking it and editing it?

The only way I can think of doing it would be to copy all the code from the edited actors, then click on "edit Prototype..." and paste all the code.

Save before you do this, just to make sure you don't lose something.