Worried About Saved Attributes

11clock11clock Member Posts: 450
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I'm updating my game with 5 new achievements, but I encountered a problem in Viewer. I changed my achievements so they have all been achieved. I then deleted my game from GS Viewer to reset the achievements so they won't just reload as incomplete. However, I found a problem. After unchecking the achievements and not changing anything in the Viewer, I loaded back up the game in the Viewer. All of the achievements unchecked themselves, even though it should of loaded them checked because that was what they were like last time. I'm afraid that if I update my game, everyone who has already purchased the game will attempt to update the game and will lose their progress.

Comments

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    yes when you delete the game from the viewer it will reset all saved data, thats normal. You have to keep playing the game from the recent games tab to test load and save, or better yet make a adhoc
  • 11clock11clock Member Posts: 450
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    yes when you delete the game from the viewer it will reset all saved data, thats normal. You have to keep playing the game from the recent games tab to test load and save, or better yet make a adhoc

Yes, but what if you change the value of the variables in the editor that will be loaded in the game? Will it just ignore the changes and load the variables from last run or will it not load the previously saved variables and use the new values? If it's the latter, everyone won't be real happy with the new update erasing data.
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    I would think it would just load the attributes the players' game has already saved. Unless you changed the save and load keys or something like that.