Just to Clarify...

11clock11clock Member Posts: 450
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I'm just making sure the information I have on the Retina Display bug is correct. Retina screws up in the GS Viewer, but the ad hoc will work fine, correct?

Comments

• 11clock11clock Member Posts: 450
    ...Correct? I need to know whether or not it's safe to publish my game.
    Still waiting for clarification. I really need to know.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    You should ALWAYS build an adhoc version of your game for testing. So just go ahead and make an adhoc, load on as many devices as you can and test it yourself. You may find other things to fix too. Trust me, i learned this the hard way.
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @11clock

Yes, it appears that RI is working fine in AdHoc and Distribution builds. There is currently an error with RI in the GS Viewer that our dev team is scrambling to fix. As soon as I get word from dev team that the issue has been resolved, we will release an updated Viewer on the site and spread the word via forums, etc.

--Yodapollo
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    scitunes said:
    You should ALWAYS build an adhoc version of your game for testing. So just go ahead and make an adhoc, load on as many devices as you can and test it yourself. You may find other things to fix too. Trust me, i learned this the hard way.

Yep the viewer is great to test as you go but you still have to test your entire final version of the game through an adhoc before you publish. if not you have no idea what the app store build will play like.
    Thanks for the clarification! I'll continue working on my iPhone game. :)