RI and Viewer

IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hello!
I need to test Ram usage for my game, and with the RI bug, I can't. All of the images are resizing themselves while testing on iPhone 3G, and the game is crashing.

Is there any way to fix this?

Comments

• MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    GameSalad team said there was no bug… That all stuff should work correct.
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Even if I check the RI box, and then run the Viewer, I have much bigger RAM usage for images. And in most of the scenes, the game is crashing on iPhone 3G.
  • dalnokidalnoki Member Posts: 27
    My game get a one star rewiev in iTunes, because the updated(w. 0.9.3) version crash on iPhone 3G:(
    There is a problem w. memory usage.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    GameSalad is more than willing to check out your issues but you have to send your project file to them with as detailed as possible instructions to duplicate the issue. They cannot fix something they cannot reproduce. They also need to know everything about the hardware your using. Like Device and Mac type as well as OS on both.

bugs(at)gamesalad.com
  • DizkoDizko Member Posts: 498
    MagoNicolas said:
    GameSalad team said there was no bug… That all stuff should work correct.

Well I want whatever they're smoking, because RI and the viewer doesn't work on 3G. I, as Moonwalls has also experienced, get the 4G full res graphics and the app blows up from exceeding memory.
  • KrogothicKrogothic Member, PRO Posts: 123
    I can confirm it is working properly, I test it on 2g, 3g and 4g - near 200 images and all double sized the RI is working, also it seems to be working when it is not checked. I get lazy and forget to check it.

I would submit your files to GS and ask for help.