Reordering game.attributes

JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Until we get a way in the program to reorder game.attributes I thought I would tell what I have been doing. I get tired of all my coordinates or damage modifiers being in different places.

WARNING: Use at your own risk. I have not had ANY problems whatsoever, but you never know what could happen. I have tested this myself even uploading to web & have experienced no problems. However, I am at no fault if yours messes up....

I have changed the order & if appears to have no affect on any actors using those attributes. I tested that specifically, to be sure.

It's very simple & probably common sense. Go to your project file & show package contents. Then open object.xml.

Scroll down & you should see all of your game.attributes. You can easily cut/paste them in the order you want. Then just save.

Comments

• rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    I've been doing the same for object X/Y positions en masse only in the scenes files ("#.xml") in the "scenes" subdirectory.

Need to find a good XML editor...
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    wow... this would have saved me an hour or two! good to know.
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    Thanks, this info is good to know. I was just about to ask, since new attributes are popping into my head every day, and they're not in order either. ;)
  • arltmiralarltmiral Member, PRO Posts: 11
    Thanks a lot. Definitely a time and nerves saver.
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    I had an integer that needed to become real and simply changes the tags. Seems to work.
    Always make a back up when doing stuff like this!!!!
This discussion has been closed.