Why does my game not work?

SynstealSynsteal Member Posts: 32
edited November -1 in Tech Support
It doesn't work using gamesalad viewer and when i uploaded to test it directly the gamesalad logo comes up then blank white screen and crashes and returns to the ipod menu. Why does my game not work in the slightest?

Comments

• SynstealSynsteal Member Posts: 32
    The game works well enough in the preview. But just crashes when i use the gamesalad viewer or upload through itunes. I haven't copy and pasted any of it from another game and i don't see any rules that have had an attribute deleted.
    File sent
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    Just a wild guess.
    Check if your images are all PNG's, I had this once and found I accidentally dropped a Photoshop document in the images, it worked on the mac but crashed on the iPhone.

(Right click your project -> show package contents -> folder images)
    ok now it sent
    im pretty sure they are all png
    oops
    Should be sending any second my internet is slow today
    ah DPi?
    how do i fix that? im not exactly photoshop savvy and i used gimp to create all the images. However if this fixes it you are the best.
    yeah i liked my animation but I'll just have the logo fade in then out instead and get rid of the images. Thanks for the help.

Though what is the actor limit for a single scene? I fear my title animation might cause problems.
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @Synsteal

It looks like the issue has been traced to images in the project. Any objection to me marking this 'resolved'?

--Yodapollo
  • IncrediboIncredibo Member Posts: 274
    Im having the same problem now that T-shirt booth said, it was the image dpi. I went to take a look and all of mine are like 72.009 to ): But I guess ill have to resize one-by-one
    @Yodapollo not at all
    i just have to go through my images and correct them now too
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    Yeah, it's problem that even I've come into with Photoshop. For some reason, image editing programs sometimes set the default resolution to 72.00009 dpi rather than 72 dpi.

The bad news is that it's a pain to correct. The good news is, it's such a pain that you'll always check the dpi before finalizing any new art.

--Yodapollo
  • IncrediboIncredibo Member Posts: 274
    Actually another best answer.(: if you're USING PHOTOSHOP
    1.) GATHER ALL IMAGES AND PUT IN A FILE
    2.) OPEN PHOTOSHO FILE>PROCESS MULTIPLE FILES
    3.) ONCE TAB OPENS CLICK THE FILE IN WHICH ALL IMAGES ARE STORED
    4.) CLICK RESIZE IMAGES BUT ONLY CHANGE THE DPI TO 72 & LEAVE THE OTHER SPOTS BLANK
    5.) GICE IT A COUPLE MINUTES TO PROCESS & DONE.(:
    Ok I went through all my images and changed the resolution to 72.I also removed the opening animation of 170+ images. My game still will not work on my device. I even removed all the images from the the project to try it, but it still does not work. What else is preventing it from working?