Resolution Independence Unchecks Itself

11clock11clock Member Posts: 450
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Stumbled across an annoying 9.4 bug. Resolution Independence unchecks itself when you close the project and bring it back up.

Comments

• IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    I have the same problem.
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Me 2… Please Solve This! Should be an Easy fix.
  • SkyMapleSkyMaple Member Posts: 817
    MagoNicolas said:
    Should be an Easy fix.

Lol, you would think....
  • gamesmoldgamesmold Member, PRO Posts: 279
    Well, not only does it uncheck itself - I just found that it is impossible to test a project with resolution independence on the device.

If I test on a low res device (iPhone 3GS) it always gets the high res graphics, causing poor performance and too high memory usage.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    I have emailed this bug to GameSalad but have not had a reply yet
  • gurechangurechan Member, PRO Posts: 211
    I've gone back to 0.9.2 as this bug and the incoming call on iPhone bug make a game useless to submit to Apple. The last two releases are just terrible. 0.9.2 might be slower, but at least things work better without all these issues.

Doing this has allowed me to publish my new game and get it into Apple.

These problems are sad, and bad for GS. Anyone new that comes across GS and wants to get started are likely to be put off by all these issues. Not good for the program.

As a pro user, you would also expect better.
  • DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    This is a known issue. There have been a number of users submit this bug. Before you submit your game to apple make sure that it's checked until the next version comes out.
  • MrshoestoreMrshoestore Member Posts: 181
    I noticed this happening. I'm about to wrap up production on my game within the week and was planning on doing some proper testing and then sending it to Apple. With these bugs do you suggest I wait until an update before submitting?
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    yeah this messed my whole game up some actors ri worked others it got like disabled and now there doubled the size. Im about to just redo in code

Im not one to complain, in fact i dont think ive ever complained about a update/bugs but when a update thats supposed to fix the bugs brings you 10 steps back, its really turnoffish.

Im sure we will be hearing from gamesalad in a week or 2...
    Dude this Is terrible! I want and MUST Submit my game tomorrow Morning.

Will Resolution Independen Work?

Come On GS! Fix this NOW! This really Sucks!

Is there a Pro Member Support? Better than the one below that says Contact Us?
    gamesmold said:

If I test on a low res device (iPhone 3GS) it always gets the high res graphics, causing poor performance and too high memory usage.

DAMN! are you sure about this?
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    MagoNicolas said:
    DAMN! are you sure about this?

yep i can confirm that too :(
  • KrogothicKrogothic Member, PRO Posts: 123
    Yes I am a new subscriber, and I am very disappointed I just hope everything gets worked out soon before its time to try to submit.
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    yep i can confirm that too :(

Thanks for Confirm.

OMG, I CANT release my game until this is Fixed! That SUCKS!

Come On GS!
  • steve86steve86 Member Posts: 806
    I just also tested on an older device.. and it runs very poorly because I cant enable resolution independence :(... this should be priority one. I cant publish anything.. I had to reject a binary after I tested on an older model. please fix this asap
    steve86 said:
    I just also tested on an older device.. and it runs very poorly because I cant enable resolution independence :(... this should be priority one. I cant publish anything.. I had to reject a binary after I tested on an older model. please fix this asap

So Bad,,,, Going to Sleep now, hope this is fixed MORE Than soon!
  • gurechangurechan Member, PRO Posts: 211
    Not only this, but if you try testing your game on the iPhone and receive a call during game play, when you go back to the game you'll find it frozen and can't be restarted.

This has been a bug since 0.9.3 and still isn't fixed. So not a good idea to submit it with this bug either.
    Still waiting for an answer...
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    Whooo, I was just about to publish.

Is this a problem for published (ad hoc or app store) projects too? Or is it just test projects that causes probs in the viewer??

My game needs to be sent out today, this would really suck.
    I tend to be very mild towards GS because its beta and I'm not paying (yet) but I've had a lot of extra work since 0.93 is out.

Please someone confirm this. Yodaaaaaa! ;)
    Dude, From What i read on this post, some people really test it, and the problem should also be in App Store.

Thats So terrible, I Also MUST release a game today….
    Bad! But I released it anyway. I simply can't wait at this moment.
    Hope it is not to bad.

Good Luck Nicolas, hope it works out for you :s
  • 11clock11clock Member Posts: 450
    I hope they fix this very soon. I already promised a big update and I don't want to leave my customers waiting. :(
    I Promise To All MEDIA in Chile will have my game in app Store this month, lol.
    This is my new game:

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=24203
    I'll just work on my iPad game until this is fixed, unless there is a bug that also affects iPad games.
    Gs Answer to my mail:

Nicolás,

I've read through the thread, but at this point, our QA team has not been able to duplicate the claims made relating to Resolution Independence performance. Our tests show that RI is functioning properly and should display lower resolution items on non Retina Display devices. We will continue to test Resolution Independence.
    If that's the case, then it may be the automatic updater having some bugs updating the program, thus leading to Resolution Independence not working correctly.

I suggest reinstalling GS. I havent tested if this will work, but it's worth a try.
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    Hey, everyone.

I've been talking with QA this morning, and all of our tests are showing that Resolution Independence is still functioning properly. Yes, it is unchecking itself, but as long as it's checked before publishing, our test casing are performing correctly on both Retina Display and non-Retina Display devices. If you've experienced differently, please submit reproducible steps along with an attached game project file for our QA team to verify.

I understand that having to recheck RI every time is very annoying, and the dev team is working on fixing that issue, but we have not been able to verify any issues with RI on publishing. Again, if you have experience problems with published builds (including ad hoc builds), please submit those cases via BUGS at GameSalad dot com.

Thanks, everyone. If this is indeed an issue, it will be our top priority to fix.

--Yodapollo
  • gamesmoldgamesmold Member, PRO Posts: 279
    Thanks a lot Yodapollo for the note!

That means this bug only occurs when running the app on the viewer?

As I wrote, it is impossible to test an RI project on a low res device (3GS) in the 0.9.4 viewer.
    The viewer always uses the high res graphics (so I'm stuck in developing, as it hinders performance and uses 4 times the memory).
    I hope it was fixed before I published then.
    I am such a daredevil. Waaaaaah!
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    I don't know if this is fixed, at least not in the GameSalad Creator. I went to preview BOT on my iPod Touch (Second Generation) and the memory usage was insane. I thought it was one of the additions that I made to the game. Nope, I changed scenes and the memory usage and frame rate was terrible.

Sure sure... Ad Hoc testing... blah blah blah... I wouldn't have seen that the memory usage was at 49 MB... which is dangerously close to crashing. I'm surprised that it didn't crash.