Can't drag sound files from one file to another still...

gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Sorry to say (this is in 0.9.4).

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

Comments

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    tshirtbooth said:
    ya i had to drag it to desktop then to the new project. :(

FREE GameSalad Videos and files at GShelper.com
    _________________________________________________________________________________

PROJECT HELP WITH TSHIRTBOOTH.. CLICK HERE

iDot GAME Template
    TRAJECTORY GAME Template
    5 Core controles Template
    Hit The Balls Template
    Rotating Menu VERY COOL Template
    STAR SMASHER Template
    Cut the Rope Style menu Template
    NEW Menu System #3 Template
    Missile Command Template
    Tiki Totem style template
    Labyrinth Template

Hi tshirtbooth; that's odd; I tried that and it didn't work for me; when the file was over the desktop I just got a little white "no entry" icon, and on mouse release the file just whizzed back. :-(

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• AppsRacKAppsRacK Member Posts: 346
    im wondering if its just me coz i manage to drag images and sound from one project to a new one.
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Images are OK to copy across but sounds don't seem to be. You've surely upgraded to 0.9.4, drahc?

• AppsRacKAppsRacK Member Posts: 346
    hahah thats the thing im still using 0.93 last night when i copy my sound files from my old project. sorry didn't know there's a new version out gonna try it out later.
  • egyptcapriegyptcapri Member Posts: 17
    I am still having this issue and it is driving me crazy as i would like to reuse simple 8bit sounds but cant drag them to test
  • CloudsClouds Member Posts: 1,599
    edited March 2012
    I am still having this issue and it is driving me crazy as i would like to reuse simple 8bit sounds but cant drag them to test
    Right click on the GameSalad file.

Select 'Show Package Contents' from the pop up menu.

In the window that opens there is a 'Sounds' folder.

The sounds live in this folder, you can drag a copy from here.
    even the templates that come with gamesalad like the jump sounds in the platformer template?
    even the templates that come with gamesalad like the jump sounds in the platformer template?
    It's a pity there's no way of telling !

8-X

Mmmm capital letters, I wonder . . . . :))
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    no please don't use those, I think that belongs to gamesalad

@Tynan you should have just tell him to send the file to you and export for him
    no please don't use those, I think that belongs to gamesalad

@Tynan you should have just tell him to send the file to you and export for him
    Ok thanks was just doing a demo for a school project so didnt want to have to go hunting but will do.
    you should have just tell him to send the file to you and export for him
    :))
    edited March 2012
    Ok thanks was just doing a demo for a school project so didnt want to have to go hunting but will do.
    Nothing personal, just a bit of an ongoing joke, you get a lot of people asking things like "if I double click will this gameSalad file that is right in front of me open up ?" :)) I find it funny.

Anyhow, if the template is a standard GS file (which I suspect it is) you will be able to use the procedure above to get to the sound files.