Devastation in SWMO, need your prayers

bluebyu25bluebyu25 Member Posts: 500
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News
Hey Guys,

I am sad to report that a town very close to me here in Missouri called Joplin has made national news for all the wrong reasons. A tornado last night destroyed, literally, an eastimated 25-30% of the town. There are 86 confirmed deaths and that number is expected to significantly increase as S&R operations started this morning. I am thankful to report that all of my family living there are ok and for the most part their houses are intact. St.Johns hopsital however got the worst of it, and my wife who is a nurse at our St.Johns in Springfield, MO said there is just utter hopelessness in the halls as many have been transported down here and can't find their family or they are dead. Please, if you have a moment, find time to throw up a prayer for these families as yesterday will have been the absolute worst day in many of their lives'.

Thanks,

Jordan

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110523/ap_on_re_us/us_midwest_storms

Comments

• DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    I live in St. Louis, so I've been following the news feeds about it. I went to school in Missouri and have many friends that have family in Joplin and the surrounding areas.
  • bluebyu25bluebyu25 Member Posts: 500
    Yes it's tough stuff. My heart goes out to all of them. Im hoping to get up there this weekend to help.