Where is Gamesalad 0.9.4?

ccpccp Member Posts: 139
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Is gamesalad 0.9.4 going to be released any time soon?!?!
Every thing is being postponed because of the dumb bugs of 0.9.3!

Please hurry gamesalad people! lol
I would like to post my games!

(renamed your thread to prevent confusion)

Comments

• gariantrollgariantroll Member Posts: 219
    I can't make anything because of 9.3. So I will pray for 9.4 and maybe some news on 3D graphics being implemented.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    what problems are you having with .9.3? I've been working with it for weeks without a single problem outside of the renaming the gsuser issue.

I really do believe that at least 50% of the so called bugs are user error.
  • SkyMapleSkyMaple Member Posts: 817
    jonmulcahy said:

what about the sound bug? :)
    then there also the problem with locked actors not getting refreshed to the original :(
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    tshirtbooth said:
    No Jon there are a lot of bugs.

1) project not opening
    2) editing instances sometimes effects all instances and prototype
    3) gamecenter on ipad landscape only shows up in portrait mode
    4) when you pause music then go into a scene shrink your game into multi tak and then open it again music starts up again when it should not.
    5)when you go into scene attributes and change the scene color it will not update the scene window tell you leave that scene and go back to it

these are just the ones effecting me :(

i mean besides those :)
    those are reported bugs that everyone can reproduce. I'm talking about the ones that only seem to be affecting a small number of people. It seems with every release there are a handful of people who have bugs that are usually traced back to improvements in the engine.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    Images that disappear is also an issue.
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    I have had only 1 (very strange) issue with 0.9.3

Like a lot of you will have, I have images called 1.png, 2.png etc. For some reason 2.png and 3.png show as blank files in the image pane. Yet in the image folder in the package contents I can see them there! And in preview or viewer they have the pink 'image missing'.

Tried reimporting different images with same name, but nope, they still show as blank files.

(They showed up fine in 0.9.2)

Very strange.
    Unable to use "self.image" as a rule condition... also an issue.
  • hrsmediahrsmedia Member Posts: 522
    SkyMaple said:
    then there also the problem with locked actors not getting refreshed to the original :(

This is the issue I am finding very annoying... This can be reproduced very easily with a new project.
    hrsmedia said:
    This is the issue I am finding very annoying... This can be reproduced very easily with a new project.

yeah, very annoying :(
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Other than the renaming gsuser file, its all working well enough for me.

Dont see a reason to postpone work...

But if you are waiting... then I suggest grabbing a sketchbook and working on game idea, graphics, rule behaviour theories... etc etc... its all good use of time.
    stormystudio said:

But if you are waiting... then I suggest grabbing a sketchbook and working on game idea, graphics, rule behaviour theories... etc etc... its all good use of time.

I would but I'm still in school :)
  • gariantrollgariantroll Member Posts: 219
    Photics said:

The self.image starting an event rule has stopped most of my production on this project. If GS's crew can fix that, I will start worshipping this game engine again.
  • dazzlemedazzleme Member Posts: 152
    hrsmedia said:

Locked actors not getting refreshed to reflect changes made to the original can also be reproduced very easily with older projects that have been updated in 0.9.3.

My workaround until it's fixed is once I've modified the original actor, I go into the scene, unlock the actor, then "revert to prototype". This updates the actor with the changes made to the original. Ideal? No. But one has to have workarounds. ;)
  • DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    stormystudio said:

I agree completely. I'm not sure what you guys are all doing to your programs but I'm rarely having problems. I have to rename the .gsuser file every once in a while, but I really haven't had too many problems with 0.9.3.

Maybe I'm not doing something? OR, maybe I'm doing something right...Hmmmmmm
    DrGlickert said:
    I'm not sure what you guys are all doing

I've been working on BOT for months. It's a very complicated project. So even the slightest issues with GameSalad can cause big problems.

Renaming the .gsuser file was one of the easier issues. HA! :)

I've been having a tough time with 0.9.3 - but I think my project is better overall as a result of fighting with GameSalad. It forced me to think of better ways to do things. I'm still not touching the disappearing backgrounds yet though. Heh, that's approximately 140 actors to update. I'm waiting to see if 0.9.4 fixes the problem.

...or creates new problems :-D
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    I've only found one problem so far and I don't know if this has been noticed by anyone else.

I have a weapon that is thrown and it spins. In .93 I had to change the rotation relative to scene instead of relative to actor to make it work like it did in earlier version.
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    Hey, everyone!

I just got confirmation that the devs have delivered a build, resolving many of the 0.9.3 issues. It's currently with QA and they are in the process of verifying the fixes. We will make it live as soon as it passes QA, but that could be another 24 hours.

Yodapollo
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    jonmulcahy said:
    what problems are you having with .9.3? I've been working with it for weeks without a single problem outside of the renaming the gsuser issue.

1. No Sound
    2. Crush on some actors when using play sound behavior.
    3. Physics working wrong.

these are just the ones effecting me...

2 Yodapollo, good news! Just downloaded 0.9.2 but now I will wait :)

I hope you will write in detail, what have been fixed. Cose I'm not sure 0.9.4 will fix all the problems.
  • mangaroomangaroo Member Posts: 419
    Yodapollo said:
    Hey, everyone!

I just got confirmation that the devs have delivered a build, resolving many of the 0.9.3 issues. It's currently with QA and they are in the process of verifying the fixes. We will make it live as soon as it passes QA, but that could be another 24 hours.

Yodapollo

Thanks for letting us know! looking forward to it
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    Thanks Yoda, Great news!
  • SteverdSteverd Member Posts: 194
    I haven't upgraded to 0.93 yet either.
    Looks like I can just wait a little long for 0.94 now..

Thanks for the update Yoda!
    Steve
  • gurechangurechan Member, PRO Posts: 211
    I built my game mainly in 0.9.2 then up-graded and finished it in 0.9.3. I didn't have any issues mentioned above, but one bug I have found is that after publishing the game and installing it as a developer app on my iPhone all works fine, but if you receive an incoming phone call during game play, the game auto pauses, but when you end the call and go back to the game, you can't up-pause it.

The only way to get it going again is to turn off the iPhone and restart it.

Hopefully this is fixed very soon, as my game is ready to submit other than this.
  • SAZ_1SAZ_1 Member Posts: 397
    god this update can't come sooner for me... common devs keep up the good work!
  • gurechangurechan Member, PRO Posts: 211
    Hey Yodapollo, can we please get an update on the ETA of the next release that will fix all the 0.9.3 bugs.

For me, I am waiting on a fix for the incoming call bug that stops a game from re-starting once an incoming call is finished.

This is stopping me from submitting my game to Apple.
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    Photics said:

how about if you type seld.image yourself?
    it seems to been work with me
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    calvin9403 said:
    how about if you type seld.image yourself?
    it seems to been work with me

calvin the problem is not selecting the self image attribute. the problem is onces its selecting the value box disapears so you cant do anythign with it.
    really? how about this
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256

last time i checked a constrain is different then a rule condition lol

make a rule then try to put self image and see what happens
    here you go
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic