0.9.3 bug? image size mismatch

SquareHeartSquareHeart Member, PRO Posts: 69
edited November -1 in Tech Support
odd bug, anyone else getting it?

I made a 512x128 png - its a pixel style logo so needs to be sharp.
bought into GS on dropping the actor into the scene (at 512x128) to find the image is massively bi-linear filtered and blurry. I estimate the image is approx 128x32 scaled up.

when I set the graphics type from 'stretch' to 'fixed' it scaled the image down to 128x32 in size (eyeballing it).
When I drag and drop the 512x128px image into the actor window, it makes an actor 122.8841x30.72103 in size!

I took the same file in photoshop and padded out the file to be square, 512x512, and the image came out crisp. now if I take this file and resize it again in photoshop back to 512x128 and replace the image in GS (and resize the actor) the image is crisp. uh.

Am I going crazy or what?

Hmm also noticed when I delete an actor (using the '-' button), anywhere that actor was, it leaves an undeleteable actor in the scene....

Comments

• SquareHeartSquareHeart Member, PRO Posts: 69
    FYI ran all test images through ImageAlpha and they worked fine - is there something screwy in the image header coming out of Photoshop (cs5)?
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    Your image is at 300dpi it should be 72
  • SquareHeartSquareHeart Member, PRO Posts: 69
    really? Damn! that's right. I find that really baffling. especially not noticing till now. A little embarrassed :/
    Why would you ever want to read in the DPI? That's just weird.