BIG! BIG F****NG BUG!

OlsenOlsen Member Posts: 30
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Sorry about the swearing but seriously, this bug instantly corrupted my game and I cant start up the game on gamesalad.
I got very frustrated when this happened, because i put a lot of effort to this project and now i cant open it and dont know how to repair this problem.

I was on my main scene and I wanted to see what else I could do on the gamesalad menu on the top of the screen ( with the: file,edit,format,etc) so i clicked on edit and noticed the "special characters" option and I got curious if i could put these characters (there were some really good fonts/icons) on the game. I created a actor with the behavior "display text" and i wrote something inside it with some special roman characters.

After that i clicked on the Preview button, it worked and I could see the special characters on my game. But after a while i quit gamesalad and tried to reopen the game, it didn't open! The only thing that happens is that the loading icon appears.

Has anyone got this problem before? PLEASE, do help if you know how to fix this.

(I have tried opening other games and they work just fine)

Comments

• 2-Bit_Tom2-Bit_Tom Member, PRO Posts: 34
    Yeah, you're not the only one. I've had 8 files corrupt since last night. GS is pretty unusable right now. Keep saving up, and keep saving often. Or else I guess we all just wait til they fix the problem.
  • OlsenOlsen Member Posts: 30
    Great! It worked, i just changed the name of the .gsuser and the problem was fixed. What a relief..
    I'll be sure to make a back up of my game more often from now on. Thanks for the help, everyone.
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    Olsen said:
    Great! It worked, i just changed the name of the .gsuser and the problem was fixed. What a relief..
    I'll be sure to make a back up of my game more often from now on. Thanks for the help, everyone.

I delete that file and it works for me as well