Images bug in 0.9.3 update!

2»

Comments

• SkyMapleSkyMaple Member Posts: 817
    SlickZero said:
    Any non-Pro users having these issues?

Nextgen had his whole image file deleted. But hes pro...
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    LudwigHeijden said:
    Ok guys, as a former techie at Quark I'm not to afraid of this kind of problems, so I did some testing and it worked out for me.

Heh, those that haven't used Quark XPress might not realize the significance of this statement.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    LudwigHeijden said:
    Sorry to hear Beefy :(

Thanks, i've submitted my project to GS so hopefully they'll sort it
  • BramHoddssdBramHoddssd Member Posts: 414
    SlickZero said:

im not pro... i uploaded a video showing the bug i have... http://www.youtube.com/user/BramHoskin?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/Q1hjxTU-VNw
  • izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503
    alright I have sent in a project file that can reproduce the problem I am facing:

1) Images that depend on "change attribute> image" to cycle through images in the project file using rules appear to turn to white the moment the "unpause behavior" is called.

2) Files that are saved and closed, failed to reopen. After "show package content" and then changing the .gsuser file to test.gsuser, it then can be reopened.
  • FogelbergFogelberg Member Posts: 103
    I'm experiencing a similar thing. If I'm doing an interpolate of alpha on a picture from 0.3 to 1 and hitting pause - when unpausing, the image isn't shown.
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    My old files from 0.9.2 also has the white image bug but that's only in the preview screen when laying out the background cannot be seen and the actor is just white. but if i ran the game. everything shows up. strange indeed.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    Another project and more bugs :( Project sent in again
  • BahtiyarBahtiyar Member Posts: 29
    What about sound problem? None of the sound in project is working after upgraded to 0.9.3
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    Photics said:
    Heh, those that haven't used Quark XPress might not realize the significance of this statement.

ROTFLOL! I'm not supposed to talk bad about Quark, but I got out before 4.0 got released. I worked with the latest beta and thought I'd better get the heck out of here! ;)
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    SlickZero said:

I am not pro.
    Could it have to do with the alpha settings??
    Is there new slider in the color window for alpha or did I just miss that in 0.92?
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    BramHoskin said:
    im not pro... i uploaded a video showing the bug i have... http://www.youtube.com/user/BramHoskin?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/Q1hjxTU-VNw

Seems to be related to files with leading Zeros in their names, I tried this and files like 004 and 05 just showed up as white and then when saved and reloaded disappeared altogehter.

Moral of this story is as I mentioned some days ago the early BETA needs to involve many many more people.
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    Haha, was just gonna post that Rob,

Al the images in my game work apart from 01,02, etc. I renamed them 1,2,etc and re-imported them, reassigned the images and it's fine now.

Ace
  • izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503
    Ok guys I just got a reply from Mike at the bugs department. If you have the same issue as mine, you can remove the ".png" in your expression field of the change attribute. Because right now one of the ways 0.93 has been structured with regards to image assets is such that you don't have to worry about adding ".png".

This is the workaround he recommended while they fix this.

Hope this helps.
  • FogelbergFogelberg Member Posts: 103
    izam said:
    Ok guys I just got a reply from Mike at the bugs department. If you have the same issue as mine, you can remove the ".png" in your expression field of the change attribute. Because right now one of the ways 0.93 has been structured with regards to image assets is such that you don't have to worry about adding ".png".

This is the workaround he recommended while they fix this.

Hope this helps.

Yes it worked! Thanks!! :)
  • mangaroomangaroo Member Posts: 419
    I was quietly working on my project when all of sudden all the images were lost and lots of missing images etc.. i reverted to an older copy but im worried the same thing will happen, could put off working on the game until it is fixed but is there any updates - recreate the problems etc?
  • icecubeicecube Member Posts: 1
    I just downloaded 0.9.3 and opened my game i was working on. But after i tried adding a new image, isaw all images disappear. Then i tried to put the images in and it worked. but all the actors my game spawns don't have images. Can you help please?
  • jb15jb15 Member Posts: 602
    Well, I'm using .9.4, and my background image is white (fine in GS--but in "Preview" it's gone).

Everything else is good--could it be due to the actor's size?