"GameSalad quit unexpectedly."

11clock11clock Member Posts: 450
edited November -1 in Tech Support
This keeps happening when I try to preview my game on my Mac's simulator. About 2 seconds after it starts loading GS crashes and I get the error.

Comments

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    yes its been talked about millions of times its the memory leak. Just save every 4 minutes or so and quit and restart gamesalad. Dont worry the new update thats about to come out apparently has all this fixed, so you wont have to deal with it to much longer
  • 11clock11clock Member Posts: 450
    Is there any way to get it to run on the simulator?
    i dont get what you saying simulator. You mean preivew or the simulator in xcode?
    Simulator
    Can someone help me? I'm growing impatient. Every time I try to play my game on GS Viewer GameSalad crashes when it is compressing game assets.
    I tested GS Viewer with some of the templates and they work fine, making it more confusing why it refuses to play my game.

This is very stressful for me. If my game doesn't work on the xcode simulator, it will not work on my iPod. I can't publish my game without properly testing it. :(
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Sounds like you have some bad code in your game.

Double check all actors in the scene that is causing problems. Make sure every rule is valid, make sure no expressions are missing attributes. be sure to check your otherwise statements!
    They're all fine. The game works in the GS Preview, but not in the GS Viewer.

There a way to get the xcode file of my game without publishing to GameSalad?
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    No.

Try restarting your computer and your phone.

And clear the 'recent' games you have on your viewer (those tutorials you've tried for example).

Cheers,

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

i thought you were talking about on the computer, not on the device. Do what qs said, if that doesnt work, you can try reinstalling the viewer, and if that still doesnt work then you know its your game. Because it runs good on the gamesalad preview doesnt mean it will run good on the gamesalad viewer by any means. Thats the whole point of the viewer, to see how and if it runs on the device.

cheers
    I'm using GS Viewer on the iOS simulator, because I have not joined the Apple Development Team yet.

Doesn't work. GS still crashes when attempting to preview it.

Well I did everything you guys said. If it's my game, I don't know how to fix it.
    Wow, I'm not sure exactly what I did (Darn you short term memory!), but it now works.
    I remember what I did. I unchecked "Enable Resolution Independence." I think that conflicts with the simulator, but it should work when I test it on the device.