game rejected by mac app store because of crash

TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi

I followed the publishing video for the mac app store. My game was tested using my apple test account to make sure it launched and played ok.

Apple rejected with the following problem:
With a valid receipt installed, the app quits on launch. The Console reports the app "Exited with exit code: 173" and the OS states the app "is damaged and can't be opened". This generally indicates that the app is not verifying its receipt correctly.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    I re-uploaded the project to GameSalad and then tested both files returned. The game which requires the test account worked fine. I installed the pkg file and found the game does not start or prompt for the test account. I do not know if this is normal or if the installed pkg file should behave in the same way as the game file. Can you confirm the behavior of running the a game from the installed pkg file.

Is it possible to create our own pkg file and package the game file downloaded and send that to apple instead of the pkg file created by GameSalad?
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    I deleted and created new mac app certificates and prov id. apple still rejected the pkg file so have now submitted buy report to GS team.