Gamesalad deleted files?

tim13211tim13211 Member Posts: 87
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Im trying to figure out a HUGE PROBLEM!!! as far as I know recent activity in two of my gamesalad projects have been deleted! Example I have a game that I submitted to apple. after a week I fixed some bugs then submitted an update. well now i am trying to edit the project and all the bug fixes etc that i did isnt there!!! WHAT HAPPENED??
Is there anyway I can get it back?? this isnt so much of a problem for the first game, but the second game that I posted to apple is a big problem!

P.S. I did save ;)

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Where did you save? Have you tried searching you computer in finder.

Also it is possible to publish and not save changes. I know you said you saved but its a matter of clicking the wrong button when prompted.
  • ScootsScoots Member Posts: 507
    Yeah if you just hit the enter key I believe GS defaults to cancel. So need to be sure to use mouse and click ok. Maybe an autosave option would be cool in GS, appending the filename of course so you don't lose original.
  • tim13211tim13211 Member Posts: 87
    I am (almost) positive I saved. Gamesalad quits randomly sometimes so I always use the keyboard shortcut (command+S). And yes, I searched EVERY GS file on my computer. I dont know what happened.

Fortunately I was able to open the updated version of my submitted game, not from the files on my computer, but by going to my GS portfolio!
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    tim13211 said:
    I am (almost) positive I saved. Gamesalad quits randomly sometimes so I always use the keyboard shortcut (command+S). And yes, I searched EVERY GS file on my computer. I dont know what happened.

Fortunately I was able to open the updated version of my submitted game, not from the files on my computer, but by going to my GS portfolio!

I guess that answers the question. "What does Game Salad do with my project once it sends back the .app"
    Apparently they keep it.