App update now crashing on certain scene changes. IOS update fixes. Grrr.

design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
edited November -1 in Tech Support
My latest update to Food Fight! just released and now I'm getting crashes on a couple of scene changes. It's the same place on a variety of devices and I expect to start seeing review complaint right away.

I've tried this new (1.8) version on an iPhone 3GS, the newest iPod touch, and a first generation iPad, all with the exact same crash at the exact same scene change all IOS 4.2. Curiously, I tried an older iPod touch running system 4.2 and it does NOT crash.

Anyway, I upgraded the IOS this afternoon on my phone and it fixed the problem. Nothing was changed on these scene changes for this update.

I've seen reference to using .caf sound files, and ALL my sounds are .caf. All the old sounds work fine, but the two new .caf sound I added to this update are not playing.

I've looked through the file again this afternoon and can see nothing different or odd about the scene change mechanisms to cause the crash.

I'm just providing all the details in hopes this can help someone track down the issue.

If anyone would like to give this game a test, it's free, and the crash happens when touching the "menu" button in the "mixed salad challenge" and also when the "cherry" scene changes to the "mushroom" scene.

This is my first update using GS 0.9.2

Comments

• design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    tshirtbooth said:
    I think they had a server fix last week to fix the issue but not 100% sure.

Oh wow, It was a week ago I submitted. Can someone from GS confirm? If true, I'll get another update out ASAP.
  • dmcdowelldmcdowell Member Posts: 128
    Confirmed. It was a weird OS & device-specific crash that seems to have only affected 2 people that I know of. (Still, that's 2 too many and sorry about the inconvenience). A server update fixed Tshirt's problem and hopefully will have fixed yours. If your crash is still happening, please send your file to dani @ thenameofourcompany dot com and I'll look at it, but it sounds *exactly* the same as the crash we fixed.
    Excellent! Can you say what day the server update was?
    I can but I don't recall. Maybe Thursday of last week? I'm really not sure.
    Great, I published on Tuesday, so it was just before the fix. I'll get another update out tomorrow.

Thanks for helping me out with this guys!

Sounds like this one is resolved.
    This morning I spoke with our resident superhero, ServerMan, and he confirmed that it was Thursday the 31st. If you want to send me your file, I'll be happy to publish it and load it onto one of the devices it was crashing on, and see if the problem exists still, but it sounds like exactly the same issue as what got fixed.
    Thanks for the confirmation, I went ahead and republished last night and submitted a new update to the app store. Keeping fingers crossed.
    Update released today and the issue is fixed! Just wanted to confirm.