GameSalad 0.7.0 is out!

jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
viewer and app is available for download. looks like we've got saving! upgrading now.

(thanks to abhi19 who posted in giacomopoppi's Next Update? thread)

Comments

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Holy Mother of GOD!!!

/goes to check

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• venon_itvenon_it Member, PRO Posts: 594
    yeaaa now we have load and save bheaviors!!!

how it works?

Thanksss
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    until we get an official release, i found two new behaviors:

Save Attribute
    Save the value of an attribute into persistent storage with a custom key name. See also Load Attribute action.

Load Attribute:
    Load the value stored by a custom key name from a persistent storage into an attribute. See also Save Attribute action.
  • stanimationstanimation Member Posts: 406
    First time back in a few days and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! That is awesome!!! Where can we find a list of new and improved features? GS ROCKS!
    if you open GS and choose check for updates it'll give you the list.

actually, if someone could cut and paste that here it would be awesome, I already upgraded...

oh wait, i still got my laptop.
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    This is truly amazing:) You can find it in wiki here: http://gamesalad.com/wiki/whats_new:gamesalad_0.7.0
    GameSalad Creator Beta 0.7.0
    Features

Save Attribute and Load Attribute behaviors
    Drag and drop images from outside of GameSalad directly onto any actor or to the scene to create new actors.
    Auto-conversion of supported image file types
    Auto-conversion of supported sound file types
    New Pachinko template
    New Game Info and Edit buttons in the ‘New Projects’ and ‘Recent Projects’ section of the Dashboard
    Button link to ‘Start Tutorial’, which opens up the wiki page for a step-by-step template game tutorial.
    Enhancements

Made look and feel of behaviors more consistent
    Okkkk now save..now i try to save Score, and GS save last game.score, but if I want to save the whole history of my scores .. is that possible?
  • TboneTbone Member Posts: 49
    Best xmas ever!! Save is awesome!! Thank you GS , you guys rock!!
  • CobraCobra Member Posts: 160
    You guys beat us to the punch! :) But here's the "official" word on new features in GameSalad 0.7.0:

Attribute Saving

The single most requested feature since GameSalad launched is finally here: saving! Use the new ‘Save Attribute’ and ‘Load Attribute’ behaviors to store and retrieve data such as high scores, unlocked levels, control preferences, character stats, save game data, or anything else you want to be preserved between sessions.

Easy Drag-and-Drop Asset Management

Adding images and sounds to your game has just gotten a whole lot easier, with fewer steps required for a wide variety of related tasks. Create and place a new actor by dragging an image straight from your desktop into the scene, animate it by dragging a group of images into the behaviors area, give it a Play Sound behavior by simply dragging the sound file in, and much more. File types won’t slow you down either, as GameSalad can now automatically convert new assets from many different image and sound formats.

New Template Tutorials

Several new GameSalad tutorials are available, each providing a step-by-step guide to building one of the template games. These tutorials range from simple walkthroughs for the first-time user, to advanced material for more experienced game creators. To access these tutorials, click the info (’i') button beside one of the templates in the GameSalad dashboard, then click ‘Start Tutorial.’

Download GameSalad 0.7.0 here: http://gamesalad.com/download/getCreator
    Learn more about the new version: http://gamesalad.com/wiki/whats_new:gamesalad_0.7.0
  • SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    Save!!! Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!! Seriously chuffed about this - seems a slightly trivial thing, but this is going to take GameSalad games up a massive notch!
    I have no idea what that actually means, but this feature will definitely change the way people make games with GS.
    Well done guys! Thanks :D
  • KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    Been waiting so long, and now it's here!!! <3 <3 <3
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    YESSSSSSSSSS!
    Just had a thought...
    What are we going to moan on and on about now?
    What's next on the wish list?
    Does the inclusion of a save feature now mean that Game Salad is officially perfect?!
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    online leaderboards?
    ;]
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    We could always complain that theres nothing to complain about now??
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    When are they going to add an awesome game idea generator button. I mean get with it GS!!!!
  • CorellaCorella Member Posts: 37
    Very nice GS! Downloading now, looks like a great update
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Awesome! Been waiting for the Save Feature for a long time!! :)
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    vernon_it,
    You just need to set up a lot of the Save/Load behavior structures and use different keys for each. e.g. score1, score2, score3...etc.
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    Okay, now that we can save and make more sophisticated games and apps, what will you guys try to do with it now?

Most of my games (with the exception of a few) have been following the "Canabalt" rule of going until you die and it's game over, but now, I can make high score charts and stuff, because right now, that's what I really need at the moment. However, now is the question of do I make it based on the last time I played, or the highest top 3 scores I had after a session. We all can pretty much learn as we go along, but I seriously give it up to GS for making a great program. Good job. Never doubted for a second!!!
  • alexxxhpalexxxhp Member Posts: 161
    I have already implemented the save to the games and continue works great
  • micahmicah Member Posts: 85
    This is awesome! I bought a $99 license but I've been hesitant to start on a game until now because I couldn't think of any games that didn't need saving. So this is great! I'm starting on a game right now!
  • urhungryurhungry Member Posts: 112
    SAVING!?!?!?!?! *starts hyperventating*
  • RolpegeRolpege Member Posts: 1
    Good work! Keep going, GameSalad team!

Every update makes the program better and better =D.

You have now to correct the collisions, they're very bad. And improve all the editor and the game engine too.

Sorry for my English,
    Rolpege
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    For me, still the ability to import video is high on my list!
    well, I managed to save the latest score, but if I wanted to create a list with the latest scores .. is that possible?
    venon_it, yes, you'll have to do what CodeMonkey said 7 posts up, save each one individually.
    ok,
    in my game the user collect more gift... but this game have only one score.game ...if i add the bheaviors save the last score, when i load score it show only the last score!