Shotgun FunFun For Mac

VmlwebVmlweb Member Posts: 427
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News
Shotgun FunFun will be coming to the Mac AppStore next month for FREE

You can download the free windows and mac version from here as well as view screenshots:
http://vmlweb.co.uk/index.php?tab=1&app=15

How long can Buck Morris survive against 100,000 demon-zombies and unlimited shotgun shells?
Buck Morris doesn't wear ear protection because of the shotgun. He wears ear protection so the demons can't suck out his brain through his ear canals. Because that would suck.
Complete with your very own ear protection and highscores!

Comments

• RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    Looks amazing, guessing this isn't a GS production considering the windows version?

EDIT: Just play it, it's so good! Love it. Cheers
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    great!
  • VmlwebVmlweb Member Posts: 427
    This game was originally made for Windows by Chad Chisholm using Game Maker and became a great hit on yoyogames.com

Vmlweb offered Chad to publish this great game to Mac, iPhone and iPad and here is the first of the three, as Game Maker now has a mac version we had to clear up some Mac bugs and submit it to the Mac AppStore.

We're now working to bring shotgun funfun to the iPhone and iPad
    If you feel GameSalad is restricting you a bit I suggest you check out Game Maker as it has it's own built in programming language GML and doesn't have many limits.

The only problem with GM is that it doesn't support iOS publishing (yet)
  • StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    I was under the impression that YoYo games had taken the decision to not release the iOS tools publicly. Instead they are choosing which games are good enough to publish on the appstore and keeping themselves a 50% cut of your 70.
    StusApps said: I was under the impression that YoYo games had taken the decision to not release the iOS tools publicly. Instead they are choosing which games are good enough to publish on the appstore and keeping themselves a 50% cut of your 70.
    Your right, that's how it's working at the moment but due to growing apple and mobile gaming market I have a feeling that yoyogames will at some point become a multiplatform software and support apples mobile platforms

Until then I just have to use XCode
    Shotgun FunFun can now be downloaded from the Mac AppStore!
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/id427581676?mt=12
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    Wow very cool and bloody !! :)..so game maker is allowing publishing to the MAS ?
    Yes, although you can't submit it through XCode

You have to package the .app (created by game maker) with Product Builder (available from appstore) and then submit the installer with the application loader
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Vmlweb said:
    Yes, although you can't submit it through XCode

You have to package the .app (created by game maker) with Product Builder (available from appstore) and then submit the installer with the application loader

If you feel GameMaker is limiting your publishing options, you can always try GameSalad.

;)

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

quantumsheep said:
    If you feel GameMaker is limiting your publishing options, you can always try GameSalad.

;)

QS :D

True lol

If I had my way I would have an engine which was as cheap as GameSalad and GameMaker, supported as many platforms as possible (Mac, PC, iOS, Andriod, PS, Wii, DS, Linux.....) and would be controlled from simple drag and drop. Then for more advanced users they could put their own code in and be able to do really complex stuff with 2D and 3D
    Shotgun FunFun is already in the top 50 free games in over 25 countries and top 10 games in 10 countries
    #1 Free Game In The USA, UK, Germany, Canada, Japan, Switzerland, India, Netherlands and Belgium!!
  • hokies314hokies314 Member Posts: 2
    wheres the download link?
  • hokies314hokies314 Member Posts: 2
    where is the download link?
    hokies314 said:
    wheres the download link?

http://vmlweb.co.uk/index.php?tab=1&app=15
    Shotgun FunFun has just been updated with Online Highscores!
    Vmlweb said:
    Shotgun FunFun has just been updated with Online Highscores!

Nice, I'll update it right now!
    RH said:
    Nice, I'll update it right now!

See if you can beat Cameron at number 1 with 1918
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    This game has been top in the uk free games chart for ages. Well done mate
    Vmlweb said:
    See if you can beat Cameron at number 1 with 1918

Hah, not a change, I think my best is like 480 or something on the old version. There's no way i could beat 1918
    shaz said:
    This game has been top in the uk free games chart for ages. Well done mate

Thanks, it's going down a bit now but keeping steady.