Move To Behavior problem

ColorplayGamesColorplayGames PRO Posts: 69
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi all,
I'm finding some very strange things with the Move To behavior. I have an actor that, on overlap with the player, has the following move to behavior:
Position X: 0, Position Y: -12.5, relative to actor, speed 300, run to completion

Sometimes, seemingly randomly, the actor will not stop moving. Instead of just moving down by -12.5 it will just keep moving in a downwards direction. Is this a bug? I can't consistently reproduce it because the issue only shows up maybe one out of five times that I run it.

Thanks,
Jenna

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Yes the move to behavior can be a little buggy. Try using interpolate for your movement.
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    i tot 'move to' means actor moves to defined x & y location?
    if you use 'move' with just x or y value then it only moves the length defined on the x or y.

so if you set the rule move to (0,-12.5) , means the actor is trying to move out of the scene.
  • ColorplayGamesColorplayGames PRO Posts: 69
    @george - the Move To behavior allows you to move the actor relative to itself - that's what the drop-down next to "Relative to:" lets you pick. So when I have -12.5 for the Y coordinate it just means that my actor is moving -12.5 down from it's original position.

@ten - I was thinking about Interpolate but it doesn't let you move relative to the actor, which is really what I need for this particular situation. Is there any way to get interpolate to be relative to the actor? Or any other movement behaviors that might work better?

Thanks again,
    Jenna
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    you could use interpolate then rotate the actor to the position facing where its moving to so it will give u that illusion, that migth work.

Like tendrmer said move to is buggy, whenever ive needed to more realtvie to a actor ive always use accerlate anyway