Rico: Mercenary for Hire released on the App Store!

BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News
Hi guys. Just wanted to drop in to announce my new game, Rico: Mercenary for Hire, has hit the App Store!

It featured on the New & Noteworthy page on iTunes yesterday and has been picking up steam, so I'm very thrilled of its progress so far. To that end, I'm providing free promo codes to anyone who's interested (please follow me on Twitter, @beyondthetech).

The rest of the screenshots are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/beyondthetech/sets/72157626060646631/

iTunes description:
Take on the role of Rico, a hired mercenary and expert sharpshooter, as you accept challenging assignments to take out as many targets as you can!

Armed with a powerful gun and special ammo, use the environment at hand to ricochet your bullets against the walls and platforms. The more targets you take out with a single shot, or the more your bullets ricochet around the area, the higher your earnings become.

But, be careful! Many of these environments can be tricky, and you also must complete them in a certain amount of time! With your earnings, you can buy more bullets and/or upgrade your gun to take on even more difficult assignments.

★ Universal app plays great on recent-generation iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads
★ High-resolution graphics and dozens of detailed backgrounds for Retina Displays
★ Awesome music soundtrack, crisp sound effects and voiceovers
★ Integrated with Facebook and OpenFeint to post and share stats, compete on leaderboards, chat on forums, and grab achievements!
★ "Cheat" your way through with optional in-app purchases of bullets, gun upgrades, and unlocking assignments
★ Game is fully expandable with an assignment editor where you can build your own layouts and upload them to our server
★ Live downloading of new assignments as they are tested and approved
★ Live rewards for posting on Facebook and creating custom assignments
★ Use your camera to upload your own backgrounds to go along with your custom assignments!

(internet connection required for live downloading and retrieving rewards)

Because I designed my game with some technical requirements in mind, I could not build it in GameSalad. But, with the list below, here's to hoping that it would be a framework for things to come in for future versions, as I'm sure that all GameSalad developers would be able to benefit from such features if and when they are implemented, as it sure adds to the "sellability" of the app.

• Universal app with Retina Display support
• In-app purchasing for bullets, gun upgrades, and unlocking all levels
• Facebook integration with stats posting
• OpenFeint integration with leaderboards and achievements
• Utilizes camera for custom backgrounds
• CRC checking for data files to prevent hacking
• fading in/out of background music
• FTP uploading of custom levels and HTTP downloading of new levels and bonus data
• Flurry analytics
• all under 20MB for purchasing and downloading on the App Store on 3G

Thanks to everyone here who encouraged and helped me out putting this game together.

iTunes link: http://tinyurl.com/ricomfh