Scrollable VS Non Scrollable Layers Help

osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hey everyone, I am having a slight issue with scrollable VS non scrollable layers in GameSalad. I have a vertical menu system, which I created using Tshirtbooth's slide to touch menu system demo (http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=14140#post-108868), only I want my game logo to always appear on the top of the screen regardless of where I am while scrolling up and down. So, I put the logo inside a separate layer (Game Logo) and unchecked the Scrollable checkbox. If I am correct in my thinking, that should allow the game logo to always be at the top of the screen, which is where its default position is. However, when I press Preview, the game logo doesn't show up at all. However, if I go back to the Game Logo layer in my project and check the Scrollable checkbox, the game logo is there when I press preview, but it doesn't stay in the same spot when I scroll through that scene. I have placed the Game Logo layer above all other layers in the scene, and it even shows up in the scene editor, just not in the Preview Player. Am I doing something wrong, or is there another way to keep my game logo at the same position regardless of where I am when scrolling through my scene. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

- Alex

Comments

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    did u put the logo in inside the camera origin area?
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    @John, yes, the logo is inside the camera origin area.

@GsLover, there are no rules inside the logo. The strange thing is that in another place in my game, I have another slide to touch menu system that works perfectly (including the logo issue), only that system is a horizontal one while this system is vertical. I placed the same logo actor in my new system, but it doesn't work, but I will try duplicating the logo as you suggested if you think that will help.

Thanks for the fast responses guys...keep them coming :)

- Alex
    GsLover said:
    Try this:
    On your desktop duplicate your logo
    Make a new name for the logo then make a new actor and set the image as the new named logo then place on scene see what happens

Just tried it, and unfortunately it didn't work. Any other ideas guys?

- Alex
    Yes, and when the Scrollable checkbox IS checked, the logo shows up, but of course just stays in the same place. When the Scrollable checkbox is NOT checked, the logo doesn't even show up at all. I've been trying to figure out a solution for over an hour now and I can't come up with anything. The weird thing is it works in another menu system, which is horizontal, but not in this vertical menu system.

Any other ideas?

- Alex
    Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I will send it over in just a sec.

- Alex
    email sent GsLover. Thanks again :)

- Alex
    Just merged it with my actual game project and it works like a charm :) Thanks again GsLover!

- Alex
  • joelEjoelE Member Posts: 30
    GsLover said:
    Alright im working on fixing it right now :)

I have the the same problem. what did you do to fix it dude. pray tell?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    remember, anything that is in a non-scrollable layer needs to be in the bottom right section of the gameplay area. it will show up all the time, but it has to be there during development.