1024 x2 scrolling background

app-etiteapp-etite Member Posts: 139
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi guys,

I have two background images that are 1024x512 but cant get them to scroll continuously without using wrap x which i dont want.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Appetite Games

Comments

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    You can do something like... move direction 180 (if you want them to scroll left)and then a rule that says if self.position X <-511 (just a safty net in case something goes wrong but it will change X at -512) change position x to 1536 (if your scene is 1024 wide).

You will see tearing when placing 2 actors together that scroll so i would make them slightly overlap.

Darren.

• app-etiteapp-etite Member Posts: 139
    thanks darren, that doesn't work, maybe because i forgot to tell you im working to iphone size, both images just disappeared when it reach the left of the screen.

what would the correct coordinates be for iphone 480 wide x 320 high, with two backgrounds at 1024 wide, one then the other looping?

thanks
    Changing the attributes X position works but it will not let me change to anything above x position 960 when i need it at 1024 so that the two 1024 images join nicely..basically what i have is my images overlapping each other because they are changing there X position to early.. Has anyone ever looped a background larger than two images at 1024px???

-Appetite games
    Anybody? ?
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    try working with a nice wide scene (scene, attributes, size) and stick your camera in the middle (scene, attributes, camera, origin) that way you avoid working with big negative actor positions which are very buggy below -500
    I thought about that but My game is a run and jump scrolling game which needs to be really wide.. How would i be able to have and image wider than 1024pixels without having a couple images looping?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    app-etite said:
    I thought about that but My game is a run and jump scrolling game which needs to be really wide.. How would i be able to have and image wider than 1024pixels without having a couple images looping?

You cant. The largest image size accepted in GameSalad is 1024 which means if you are using Resolution independence that largest actor can only be 512.
    ok so my largest actors can only be 512 long right? so then is it possible to have My two images at 1024 chopped into four 512 images and then loop four of them?...because I need the whole image i designed, I cant settle for just two 512 images, because I didnt want to have the same two backgrounds looping the whole game because it would be boring. Thanks

-appetite games
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    @app-etite I think you misunderstood me, looping is fine but to avoid big negative X actor positional values I am suggesting you place your camera well into the scene and not at its normal 0,0 origin.